Lt. Commander
Hi, all!

I somehow missed that the game officially starts tomorrow, but I've done the deluxe pre-order thing and am downloading all of the 7.7 gig of the open beta now.

When the clock strikes midnight, will I have to download another version of the game, or does the beta carry me through when it all goes official on the 2nd?

Just curious to know as there 3.5 hours and 4 gig left to go.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
shouldn't need to, but steam user redownloaded the client on the first day of headstart due to a snafu on either cryptic or steam's part.

should just be able to patch it from the STO launcher.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusFinch View Post
Hi, all!

I somehow missed that the game officially starts tomorrow, but I've done the deluxe pre-order thing and am downloading all of the 7.7 gig of the open beta now.

When the clock strikes midnight, will I have to download another version of the game, or does the beta carry me through when it all goes official on the 2nd?

Just curious to know as there 3.5 hours and 4 gig left to go.
Whatever version you have will patch to whatever version it needs to. No re-downloading needed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to playing the game. I hope this MMO works out. Flying about in space was my favourite part of SWG before it went stale.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
BTW -- not sure how you purchased (sounds like steam or Direct to Drive)... but the thing is, since you preordered you have access to the 'head start' which started last Friday.

Point is, no need to wait until midnight, you can log in once you are done installing.