Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 221
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
lol, troll on...

Klings are fine as they are, the fact is alot of the federation players are new to the game and dont know how to play yet...

I've played in good and bad klingon groups and vs good and bad federation groups...

hate to say it but maby you need to l2p first before saying we are overpowered...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Sooo you're main is a Feddy Bear and you decided to post as a Klingon after having a bad day on your main.

Sorry, but there's plenty of Feds winning in PvP atm too. I'm not going to get into a debate about whether it's balanced or not, especially since that word can mean different things to different people, but your kind of post certainly doesn't seem to be a very reliable sampling from which to base any opinion.
Talking down to someone based on the pretense they are the "enemy" rather than wanting balance and yet calling them out for trying to buff their own side...irony.

Perhaps instead of changing your text color you should re-read your posts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 222
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Say it ain't so... but it is so.

The simple fact of the matter is that the developers employ a technique similar to bracketing a target with artillery.

In OB, Klingons were grossly underpowered. Now they are, arguably, better and win PVP matches much more than 50/50.

Like shooting the ground missions up to 40 kills, or nurfing science ship shields down 10%, the developers are bracketing their target. The debatable Klingon buff is an example of this.

Expect in a patch, soon, that will see science ship shields increased some (as sience ships now get ***** in pvp ((I should know, I **** them with ease))), Klingon ships and powers nurfed once again, but not to the levels of OB ..but lower, and ground mission kills down to something likely 25 or so.

On my Klingon I still have Mk2 loadout on my BoP - haven't upgraded - and I find myself raping ships in a way that I simply shouldn't. I've had 4 Feds shooting at me before and they can't cut thru my shields fast enough, whereas I alone will cut thru their shields with ease.

I'm very over powered and I don't like it. I want to win based on skill and tactics, not mechanics.

Also I want it to be balanced because I want the feds to KEEP COMING BACK - less and less feds will continue to PVP if they lose 80% of the time.

I heard some scrub Klingon tell this one Fed who was complaining in zone, "Learn to play." I replied that there's nothing to learn, Klingon play is easy and over powered. The other Klingons QQ'd at me but it was me with the highest kill and damage ratio, not them.

1) Stealth and wait to group up. Feds have to sit in the open and wait.

2) Stay together and everyone target the escorts. Our cannons rip them apart even with buffs and heals.

3) Now its 5 v 4 or 5 v 3.

4) We then proceed to kill the science ships then the cruisers.

5) Now the respawning feds are zooming back at full impulse to us and, because they are RANDOMLY SPAWNED AROUND THE MAP, they can't group together.

6) If the federation groups up after their defeat, it's 5/15 Klingons, If they zoom in and try to help, it'll eventually be 6/15.

7) If by some miracle they actually defend us off and beat us back (happened once...) then we sit cloaked, regroup, and try again, this time focusing on the new threat.

8) RINSE

9) WASH

10) REPEAT


10 steps to winning in PVP everytime. Frankly we're over powered and need to be balanced.

If you think we're balanced then you really need to get some skill.
Back to EVE you go fool.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 223
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Sooo you're main is a Feddy Bear and you decided to post as a Klingon after having a bad day on your main.

Sorry, but there's plenty of Feds winning in PvP atm too. I'm not going to get into a debate about whether it's balanced or not, especially since that word can mean different things to different people, but your kind of post certainly doesn't seem to be a very reliable sampling from which to base any opinion.
.....

QFT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 224
02-05-2010, 04:51 PM
OP is level 11 and is the voice of PVP balance in STO.

brushie brushie brushie
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 225
02-05-2010, 04:53 PM
WoW! the guy makes a constructive feedback on his personal opinion and you all jump on his thread and act like spoiled little brats that is scared to have thier dummies taken away. I think the problem isnt the klingons being overpowered, its more probably that the Fed ships are underpowered. Fed ships normaly ment to have stronger shields than Klingons where klingons rely on firepower and not so much on defence. So its like a trade off. I personnally think that upping the shield and hull strenght and keeping the Klingon ships dps as they are would help balance it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 226
02-05-2010, 05:17 PM
that's not very constructive feedback...

The guy could be using cannons and all the feds could be armed with turrets... turrets won't dent shields in pvp like cannons can.... and you bet people playing klingons will be using cannons.

Cruisers and science ships use turrets... science ships have their full power in aux to help support... cruisers use turrets because of the slow turning of their ship... hence the dps output for both cruisers and science are weak... hence it's possible to have 4 feds vs 1 klingon and they have trouble breaking through the shields.

I've played both sides... I play a science type BOP... and I tank better than a cruiser... on a BOP!!!! I have a gazillion healing abilities because I have ZERO Tac BO... As a science type BO (with full aux)... there is no chance in hell for me to break through an escort shield... YES!! A klingon with DPS issues!!! It's possible!!!!

This goes with being a fed on a science vessel... I've had 3-4 klingon ships attack me but they cannot break through my shields no matter what! even with the 10% shield reduction after the patch... The klingons usually get fed up with me healing and buffing the escorts while they try to focus fire on him... and then try to take me out because honestly...

science team II and hazaard emitters + engineer team II + transfer shield I (only on others) = 30% damage resist to shield 30% damage resist to hull + hot for both shield and hull repair.... If the focus fire is too much for my healing to handle scramble sensors allows the much needed breather for my colldown to finish off and start my healing again... an escort becomes pretty robust especially when the escort usually have 1-2 self heal as well... and yes this is tier 3 pvp we're talking about.

Honestly... as a science vessel... I'm willing to trade an aft weapon slot and removal of my tactical BO slot for another science BO slot!! cause the only useful tactical BO skill i've come across is attack pattern Beta (and OMG! its the only MUST NEED skill a science vessel need in the tac area).

Don't whine... l2p... ask for tactics to COUNTER the opponents... don't whine... say.. i've come across this... I know about this tactic (say counter)... are there any other type of tactics to counter this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 227
02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I do think that there are game mechanics which klingons overly abuse.

Try picture this a T4/T5 BoP killing a T4/T5 Fed cruiser within 10 seconds and theres nothing he can do about it.

How? Uncloaking BoP VM'ing (Viral Matrix) the cruiser (the cruiser was healing others, so team BO skill are usually on cooldown, such as the VM counter Science Team and yes engineering team shares this cooldown) and takes him down with his rapid fire cannons in a matter of a few seconds.
Teamm8s who are paying attention (one of those rare grps) are usually 80% of the time too late to save me with a science team.

Heck, even a escort which gets VM'ed almost never gets saved in time by the uncloaking BoP during fights.
I often see klingon premade groups with 2 BoPs and 3 spidertanking battlecruisers with double or triple RSPs (reverse shield polarity) taking feds their attention while the BoPs **** the unlucky ones.

I'm already a fed admiral in a cruiser and have played cruiser constantly, but to be taken out in such a manner is something which i could not think would be possible in either roleplay or if it was real. Cmon, a little BoP shooting tons and tons of mass into scrapmetal in 10-15 seconds solo? Tbh, it would be nice if the cruiser class had an inherent resist against VM, because if that would only work 1/3th or 1/4th of the time, then cruisers could actually focus on their teammates to heal them. We feds dont have cookie-cutter exit strategies, we cant skoot out with evasive + eng battery and cloak, rest up and re-approach.

For that matter, i dont see a science ship taking out a klingon battlecruiser solo either with the help of VM. Balance isnt here yet in the game and lately, ive kinda had it with pvp. I would bless the moment that this either gets fixed or fed vs fed pvp will be introduced.

Flame on! But this is what i think about this currently.

NB:
1) Why would a VM last as long as 30 seconds? In T5 its ungodly long.
2) Science Team I cant always counter VM.
3) Cloak + cannons + VM = OP, its a combo which shouldnt be allowed imo. Since even the heaviest of targets are downed in seconds.
4) Multiple RSP usage is bad, it makes people almost immune to dmg in higher tiers for 80-90% of the whole combat duration.

Another thing, if you think about it, Klings only use battlecruisers and Science oriented BoPs. With other words, youre fighting heavy healing cruisers and science ships with almost escort DPS. And they have the tactical advantage of cloaking.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 228
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koroi View Post
I do think that there are game mechanics which klingons overly abuse.

Try picture this a T4/T5 BoP killing a T4/T5 Fed cruiser within 10 seconds and theres nothing he can do about it.

How? Uncloaking BoP VM'ing (Viral Matrix) the cruiser (the cruiser was healing others, so team BO skill are usually on cooldown, such as the VM counter Science Team and yes engineering team shares this cooldown) and takes him down with his rapid fire cannons in a matter of a few seconds.
Teamm8s who are paying attention (one of those rare grps) are usually 80% of the time too late to save me with a science team.

Heck, even a escort which gets VM'ed almost never gets saved in time by the uncloaking BoP during fights.
I often see klingon premade groups with 2 BoPs and 3 spidertanking battlecruisers with double or triple RSPs (reverse shield polarity) taking feds their attention while the BoPs **** the unlucky ones.

I'm already a fed admiral in a cruiser and have played cruiser constantly, but to be taken out in such a manner is something which i could not think would be possible in either roleplay or if it was real. Cmon, a little BoP shooting tons and tons of mass into scrapmetal in 10-15 seconds solo? Tbh, it would be nice if the cruiser class had an inherent resist against VM, because if that would only work 1/3th or 1/4th of the time, then cruisers could actually focus on their teammates to heal them. We feds dont have cookie-cutter exit strategies, we cant skoot out with evasive + eng battery and cloak, rest up and re-approach.

For that matter, i dont see a science ship taking out a klingon battlecruiser solo either with the help of VM. Balance isnt here yet in the game and lately, ive kinda had it with pvp. I would bless the moment that this either gets fixed or fed vs fed pvp will be introduced.

Flame on! But this is what i think about this currently.

NB:
1) Why would a VM last as long as 30 seconds? In T5 its ungodly long.
2) Science Team I cant always counter VM.
3) Cloak + cannons + VM = OP, its a combo which shouldnt be allowed imo. Since even the heaviest of targets are downed in seconds.
4) Multiple RSP usage is bad, it makes people almost immune to dmg in higher tiers for 80-90% of the whole combat duration.
They're buffing Science team to be allowed to be used while held by VM

people that use RSP repeatedly are sacrificing DPS for it... if you see someone use RSP.. change target
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 229
02-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I read the first page and was seeing the same crap I've seen for the past 5 years in wow.

Person A calls for a nerf. Person B, C, D, E, F and G post because they don't want their mains nerfed and not because of balance. Add in some question marks and you have 25 pages of profit!

If Cryptic is any sort of decent developer, they will balance based on need and not listen to these idiots.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 230
02-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasn View Post
They're buffing Science team to be allowed to be used while held by VM

people that use RSP repeatedly are sacrificing DPS for it... if you see someone use RSP.. change target
1) That would be great to be able to use science team during the VM, would solve alot.

2) Errr... i always neglect battlecruisers during fights, im constantly searching for the BoPs, since the battlecruisers cant be killed unless you focus fire with your team in the 30 secs that he doesnt have a RSP up. But it sure is annoying.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 PM.