Lt. Commander
# 291
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
I pvp both sides. Red side is MUCH easier, both in space and on the ground. It's getting worse as time goes on, as everybody now goes red side when they want to pvp, so you always get outnumbed blue side.

Try for yourslef. pvp 10 times both sides and see how often you win. It used to be about 50/50. Now Klingon wins 90% of the time. And thats why the pvp queue is always empty.

The reason is that the Klingons cried so much when they lost, even though it was balanced, that the feds got nerfed to oblivion. If Klingon gets nerfed so they win 50/50 again they will cry again, until Cryptic gives them super hero powers like they have now.
This is the kind of post that just utterly baffles me.

First, what nerfs ever happened to feds? They were doing great in closed beta, and ok in open beta. At the end of open beta, it was about 50/50. As we all know, nothing changed after open until now.

I'm guessing that you are just - assuming that feds losing must be due to some gigantic nerf.

Even funnier is the comments about ground combat. KDF has access to whatever they can buy off the auction house, basically - because they for sure have no quests that give decent gear.

What magical secret powers do you think the kdf has?

I believe that this post actually supports everything I've been saying about the average fed vs the average kdf in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 292
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't think there were any really big nerfs. The only really big ones were the science vessel decloaking nerf right before open beta and the science vessel HP nerf by 10% across the board.
The main thing is that in open Beta Klingons didn't have PvP vendors, so they had to PvP with basic gear and couldn't ever get any good weapons. Now that that has changed they are at an advantage though IMO.

In ground combat not so much, there they usually just distinguish themselves through better teamplay, but if federation gets a team together that acctually plays together and understands that once you lose people you have to regroup, not just run right back into a losing fight it's an even match.
Lt. Commander
# 293
02-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
This is the kind of post that just utterly baffles me.

First, what nerfs ever happened to feds? They were doing great in closed beta, and ok in open beta. At the end of open beta, it was about 50/50. As we all know, nothing changed after open until now.

I'm guessing that you are just - assuming that feds losing must be due to some gigantic nerf.

Even funnier is the comments about ground combat. KDF has access to whatever they can buy off the auction house, basically - because they for sure have no quests that give decent gear.

What magical secret powers do you think the kdf has?

I believe that this post actually supports everything I've been saying about the average fed vs the average kdf in pvp.
Like I said, try it and see for yourself. Or just keep track of how much you win / lose. You will find out pretty quick that feds are losing 80 / 90 % of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 294
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
from my point of view, looks like Feds win alot more, until I get into matches where theres alot of BoK, and things get nasty. (its actually exciting) I don't think nerfs are needed for klingons....but NERF BoK!

and no, I did not read this thread...i'm waiting for windows to update.
Lt. Commander
# 295
02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Like I said, try it and see for yourself. Or just keep track of how much you win / lose. You will find out pretty quick that feds are losing 80 / 90 % of the time.
I can guarantee I have tried it for myself. I play a great deal of pvp on both factions, and I have pretty good success on both.

I have some pretty consistent observations, after hundreds of pvp games - and those observations shape my opinions here.
Lt. Commander
# 296
02-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Jesus Christ, i dont think Klingies get it. You ARE OP, battle cloak is a ***** move, and soon Fed players will just give up and do exploration missions for items. Then youll be stuck with long ass queues and wonder why. Have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 297
02-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodthirst1011 View Post
Jesus Christ, i dont think Klingies get it. You ARE OP, battle cloak is a ***** move, and soon Fed players will just give up and do exploration missions for items. Then youll be stuck with long ass queues and wonder why. Have fun.
Seriously, who here thinks that of all the balance issues there are- that battle cloak is the one that is the most important?
Lt. Commander
# 298
02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I can guarantee I have tried it for myself. I play a great deal of pvp on both factions, and I have pretty good success on both.

I have some pretty consistent observations, after hundreds of pvp games - and those observations shape my opinions here.
I have a lot more success on red side than I do on blue. I think most people's experience is similar to mine. Maybe you're just so brilliant you win no matter what.

if Cryptic collect stats they will see for themselves who is right. I am confident it is me.
Lt. Commander
# 299
02-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
I have a lot more success on red side than I do on blue. I think most people's experience is similar to mine. Maybe you're just so brilliant you win no matter what.

if Cryptic collect stats they will see for themselves who is right. I am confident it is me.
I find your arrogance refreshing.

So you are saying that whichever side wins or loses, that is the sole determination of balance?
Lt. Commander
# 300
02-11-2010, 02:00 AM
It's odd, because I've found my science ship annihilating klingons. Maybe it's just that I'm at the lower levels (15-17). Being able to effectively counter the battle cloak makes a big difference.

Of course, on the other hand, when I play klingon it is stupidly easy. I forgoe the torpedoes, fit the dual heavy disruptors. It's embarrassingly effective. I've been finishing some fights with no deaths and far ahead of the team.

Again, it may just be the result of low-level PVP, but still that's my experience.