Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 311
02-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
Because you aren't aware, ill fill you in. You do not know what you're doing. You are at the moment terrible at the game. It is very easy to see what you're doing wrong just by reading your thread. Alas i am tired of telling people stuff i figured out on my own.

Learn to play dude, don't come here whining because of your blind ignorance.

There is some universal fact - The damage output capabilities of both factions are the same. Federation ships have higher amounts of Shields and Hull. Take a minuite and read that again.

Those are the facts, period.
Za'Rex
funny, if i dont know how to play at captain level, how come when i jump in a klingon ship i am always the highest damage dealt and **** ships left and right as to it not being any fun raping them ?

You answer me that one and get back to me ....

In your own logic, i should also suck when i play a klingon and lose terribly ....but i dont ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 312
02-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Lol, you somehow dont think 4-6K max damage at the Tier 1 ship for Feds vs 20-60K max damage as klingon is "normal" ? Where my miranda was actually better equiped then my klingon starter gear ship ?

Same weapons, same shields ....

Fed damage 4-6K
Klingon damage 20-60K

somehow this seems wrong .... i am not planning to level to captains level on klingon to test this theory out, its very noticeble when i use my Glaxaxy class cruiser with beam banks full of Tetryon weapons vs shields and i can NOT get shields down on a klingon escort type of ship, and the match ends with me having 26K max damage were as klings go over 200K -300K damage dealt.

seems to be just like the T1 problem to me, wich is 10 fold damage output
A Cruiser is not an Escort. Play an escort if you want to do more damage. Cannons do more damage. How much damage are your escorts doing? They will do more damage than klinks if you do your job and protect them like you are supposed to be doing. Your fed Cruisers take sooo much punishment it is not even funny. Learn to play to your strengths.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 313
02-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
Exactly this. It all depends on the group you're in and the group you're against.

I play both my Fed and my Klingon and I've seen it both ways from both sides, winning and losing depending on the relative worth of the groups fighting. A lot of Feds (especially in the first 3 tiers) are new to pvp while the Klingons have had to pvp since day 1, and it takes some time to learn and get experience, and experience is what we get usually when things don't go as planned. The Feds still outpace Klingons in terms of equipment by a parsec or three but the experience of the Klingons helps balance that somewhat. The Klingons I still think will be more up to par when their loot tables are equal to Fed and when they get a cruiser in T2. I had to roll my eyes at the T2 Fed cruiser drivers who think they're high and mighty because they can work over a BoP without trying too hard.

Yes, the OP is a full-time Fed troll.
i have to disagree with that. 1v1 battles vs klingong and sitll cant even drop shileds while they tear me up.. and do the same 1v1 to feds on a klingon

not to mention that i just started and .. soon as i could pvp i was on my fed toon .. just had a totally different experience than on the klingon toon same skill lvl same gear on ships. 2 compleatly different experiences, in the same battle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 314
02-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Sorry to say i agree with the OP, playing on the klingon side takes "NO" skill at all.

I am a Captain on Fed side and made a klingon to better understand how they beat most of the time while they are unfocused and we have 5 people on skype directing targets, we need for the klingons to suck really hard to actually be able to win a match.


That said, i took a peek on klingon and installed a disrupter dual beam bank in the bird of prey you start with and configured it like a typical miranda and joined some ques .....the feds never stood a chance with damages from 22K from a crappy klingon and 65K from myself we beat the Feds, and lo and behold the best feds had damages around 4 to 6K ....surely why am i doing so much more damage with the same configuration of ships ?

I then proceeded to create a Miranda with full Blue MK2 gear and dual beam banks to see if i could perform aswell as my klingon conterpart at lvl 6 .....i got ***** ...shields dropped instantly when under fire and the klingon shields ...yeah well we couldnt actually get them down.

The match ended again multiple times with 4-6K max damages while klingons dished out 20-60K ....

Same with my cruiser fully dps specced, i reach 26K at Commander level, hell my lvl 6 klingon beats that double at lvl 6 with no abilities ....and at captain i cant even get a klingons ship its shields down while they decloack and instantly **** shields and blow me up.

one time with my regular group we went in formation and a klingon appeared in front of our arcs, we blew him away with 5 of us targetting him ...we cheered ...but then we noticed while we took out 1 of his with 5 vs 1, he had the time to take out one of ours in a blink of an eye, this took like 2 seconds.



Somehow i think the multiplier for pvp damages is bugged on the klingon side, i for one wont be pvping anymore, not on the klingon side because its way to easy to shoot things that cant do anything back nor on my Fed cruiser were i seem to be shooting with blanks.
First, in a cruiser you are using beam arrays, and they don't have but mediocre burst damage, and it's worse than mediocre at low level. It's meant for staying power and keeping damage on a fast moving/turning target. When you get hit with cannons or beam banks, that's high burst damage but much harder to sustain because you have to keep nose on your target.

It saddens me to think that yes, you're not joking. What this tells me is that you 1) went up against people with more pvp experience than you and 2) you're not very experienced yourself.

I can tell you that I have been in many matches where I have out-damaged everyone in the match but still lost because the Fed group knew what they were doing. I was in a match yesterday where the top 6 damage dealers were Klingon but we still lost the match this way (it was reasonably close, they had about 300 points left when we hit 0).

Just because you're a Captain and got there doing 99% pve doesn't translate into an instant pvp warrior. It takes time, and you still haven't spent it yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 315
02-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythran
A Cruiser is not an Escort. Play an escort if you want to do more damage. Cannons do more damage. How much damage are your escorts doing? They will do more damage than klinks if you do your job and protect them like you are supposed to be doing. Your fed Cruisers take sooo much punishment it is not even funny. Learn to play to your strengths.
Learn to read, i equiped both starter ships in the same way, except the Fed ship had all blue gear ...

Also when i fit my cruiser to keep lasting forever as you say i should, i deal even less damage and when i am the only one left over from a massacre my "forever" takes 5-6 seconds with 5 vs 1.

Cruiser specced for tanking in pvp = Loose because a good klingon would never EVER target the cruiser first ...so this means you dont know what you are talking about.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 316
02-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldor9
First, in a cruiser you are using beam arrays, and they don't have but mediocre burst damage, and it's worse than mediocre at low level. It's meant for staying power and keeping damage on a fast moving/turning target. When you get hit with cannons or beam banks, that's high burst damage but much harder to sustain because you have to keep nose on your target.

It saddens me to think that yes, you're not joking. What this tells me is that you 1) went up against people with more pvp experience than you and 2) you're not very experienced yourself.

I can tell you that I have been in many matches where I have out-damaged everyone in the match but still lost because the Fed group knew what they were doing. I was in a match yesterday where the top 6 damage dealers were Klingon but we still lost the match this way (it was reasonably close, they had about 300 points left when we hit 0).

Just because you're a Captain and got there doing 99% pve doesn't translate into an instant pvp warrior. It takes time, and you still haven't spent it yet.
Oh god another one that needs to learn to read ....;

My cruiser is equiped with frontal Dual Beam Banks, beam arrays are in the back so yes it takes skill to keep it aligned towards a klingon ship ....

Ive done about 50/50 pve and pvp to get to captain in 2 weeks of vacation playing daily, if i did pve only i would have maxed at Admiral 5 a week ago.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 317
02-11-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Learn to read, i equiped both starter ships in the same way, except the Fed ship had all blue gear ...
T1? I'm not talking about t1. t1 is beginner class, not really that relevant at all to PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Also when i fit my cruiser to keep lasting forever as you say i should, i deal even less damage and when i am the only one left over from a massacre my "forever" takes 5-6 seconds with 5 vs 1.
Honestly man, learn from some players that know what they are doing. I can't help you with this. All I can tell you is there are plenty of cruiser players that know how to clean house against Klingons. I have seen it done a million times, over and over again. You, obviously, are missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Cruiser specced for tanking in pvp = Loose because a good klingon would never EVER target the cruiser first ...so this means you dont know what you are talking about.
So if your not being targeted that gives you plenty of time to heal/buff and boost the dps of your escorts doesn't it? You need to learn to play to the stregths of your class, but whatever, do whatever you think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 318
02-11-2010, 05:37 AM
We ripped trough 5 klingons one time so fast they were spinning, we actually got a comment from one of them saying "WOW you guys Rock", the 5 people dedictaed team on skype we play in.

at the time we didnt give it much regard, but after playing klingon some while it came to us that the guys we utterly destroyed that day probably had never lost in all their time ganking feds because in our klingon games its ussually Klingons 15, Feds 0 or ...if they really put up a fight they score 1 kill.

Sorry to say but the L2P comments are getting old, klingons dont need to L2P they have this inate ability to kick ass, a friend of mine that plays a kick ass klingon has the same attitude ...there is nooothing wrong with klingons but when he is in his Fed ship he stops kicking ass and dies horrible.

Last time i posted on this issue, ill see you on the battlefield when everything is more balanced out and then ill put my Tetryon beam bank so far up your aft shields, youll be tasting Tetryon for weeks to come.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 319
02-11-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
10 steps to winning in PVP everytime. Frankly we're over powered and need to be balanced.

If you think we're balanced then you really need to get some skill.
Well said.... but if your admitting the Klings are overpowered why say they are being nerfed (nerfed implies things are balanced and now your being penalized).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 320
02-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
Learn to read, i equiped both starter ships in the same way, except the Fed ship had all blue gear ...

Also when i fit my cruiser to keep lasting forever as you say i should, i deal even less damage and when i am the only one left over from a massacre my "forever" takes 5-6 seconds with 5 vs 1.

Cruiser specced for tanking in pvp = Loose because a good klingon would never EVER target the cruiser first ...so this means you dont know what you are talking about.

If there's only 1 cruiser the Feds are idiots. Why any Fed takes an escourt at T2 or above is beyond me. Fed group should be 1-2 Science and the rest Cruisers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
We ripped trough 5 klingons one time so fast they were spinning, we actually got a comment from one of them saying "WOW you guys Rock", the 5 people dedictaed team on skype we play in.
at the time we didnt give it much regard, but after playing klingon some while it came to us that the guys we utterly destroyed that day probably had never lost in all their time ganking feds because in our klingon games its ussually Klingons 15, Feds 0 or ...if they really put up a fight they score 1 kill.

Sorry to say but the L2P comments are getting old, klingons dont need to L2P they have this inate ability to kick ass, a friend of mine that plays a kick ass klingon has the same attitude ...there is nooothing wrong with klingons but when he is in his Fed ship he stops kicking ass and dies horrible.

Last time i posted on this issue, ill see you on the battlefield when everything is more balanced out and then ill put my Tetryon beam bank so far up your aft shields, youll be tasting Tetryon for weeks to come.
My expereince from OB and since release with a dedicated group of T2 Klingons is that T2 is balanced in space, or the Feds have an advantage due to Cruisers and Science buffs.

I've put away my Klingon for now waiting to reroll my toon with Klingon Joined Trill and T2 cruiser all the while mining for good gear with my Fed toon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:13 PM.