Lt. Commander
# 1 Capture and hold...
01-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Anyone able to explain how exactly this works?

I am doing the PvP and I go to the location. The icon turns to my side and I fly off. It then goes straight back to neutral again. How the hell do we take these points? Shouldnt there also be some sort of timer to tell us when we have officially overtaken it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:46 PM
It probably went back to neutral because someone from the other side did exactly what you did - flew up to the location long enough for it to start to turn. There's always one or two people on either side flipping locations while the main battle is raging elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
It probably went back to neutral because someone from the other side did exactly what you did - flew up to the location long enough for it to start to turn. There's always one or two people on either side flipping locations while the main battle is raging elsewhere.
No I circled the post to make sure. There was noone else nearby yet it kept reverting back to neutral until I sat there for like 5 mins.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Were you playing Federation or Klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Were you playing Federation or Klingon?
Klingon and I was tabbing all over the damn location.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 08:54 PM
There is no bug...

While the icon is flashing it means it's "capturing" you need to wait till your Icon (fed or klingon) turns a solid color... then you can fly off... otherwise it reverts back to it's old state.

The icon also flashes if someone else is tryign to capture it (klingon to fed or vice versa) so you know you have to fly there and stop the enemy ship...

REsource points will not go down TILL you have at least 3 icons CAPTURED on your side... it means CAPTURED... not "capturing"... alot of people complain that it's not working for klingon side it's because the icons are still "capturing" and NOT "captured"...

You generally need to wait 20-30 seconds once the icon turn to your faction (klingon or fed) before you can fly away.

The icon also becomes solid quicker if there is more than one ship of the same faction there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 08:55 PM
I dunno then - the points shouldn't change unless an uncloaked opponent sits on it for a bit. Next time, try camping it cloaked. If it turns with no one around, I'd bug it.

Edit: Or what Brasn said :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
I dunno then - the points shouldn't change unless an uncloaked opponent sits on it for a bit. Next time, try camping it cloaked. If it turns with no one around, I'd bug it.
DO NOT camp it while cloaked! It will not capture or convert a resource point... however MES will work!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Cool Thanks for clearing that up. Ill test it out in a minute

Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasn View Post
DO NOT camp it while cloaked! It will not capture or convert a resource point... however MES will work!
I only suggested that to test if it's bugged, not as a way to turn the point.

Does MES still work that way? I thought it got nerfed.