Lt. Commander
# 1 Space Camera Control
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
First off I'll own up and say I'm probably missing something obvious.

Is there any keyboard based camera controls for space? I set up my keybinds to pretty much use only the keyboard for both space and ground (heavily favoring the numpad). I can't seem to figure out how to reliably swing my camera around though. I have to occasionally grab the mouse quick just to swivel the camera so I can use my target nearest enemy keybind.

Does anyone else try to use controls similar to mine and have some tips? Absent that, what does everyone else do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Can't help you for ground, since I'm a mouser there. But I'm full keyboard in space as well.

In space I use the option "Follow Target" instead of "Chase". I also set the auto-target threatening first, set tab to target things off-screen, and allow auto-target on attack.

End result is I just tab to select a target, and the camera will swing around for me (eventually, there's a few seconds delay though).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I actually do pretty well on the ground. If my first post didn't sound that way, I apologize.

Where do I find those options you talked about? Are they somewhere in the escape menu? They sound like exactly what I need! Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
They're in the escape menu. There's the Controls tab and then then Keybinds tab (I think, I can't check right now since I'm at work.) But if you're in space, you'll get a complete set of Space options that are somewhat similar to the Ground options.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
What helped me alot was to set the camera mode to free, following the target is now in my hand. You can do this in the ingame options.

Maybe this option will help you too.