Lt. Commander
# 1 Rant
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I am so fustrated with the account creation process. I got to play beta with my pre order key. I got to play head start, also with my preorder key. Cyrptic, I believe wants my money. As a matter of fact, I want to give it to them. There are flaws in the game, but there is also enough to make me want to continue playing.

In short. Cryptic there is no easy way to ugrade my beta account to a paying acount.

There is no flashy link on the front page. There is no information at all on the main page about having to input a new key. The preorder customers may or may have not recieved anything from their retailers to resolve this.
Fustrated, yes.
Annoyed, yes.

Flaming is more then welcome, just please include the information that I need to get back in to the game.

I'll even include the QQ's so you dont have too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm confused by your statment. on the front page there is an icon that says input account key or enter account key. if you have your retail code then you jsut sign in and press that key and type in your retail key.

Now if you mean you dont have a retail key then you will need to buy it from a retailer. I think the digitial delux version sellers will send you a key as soon as you buy the game from them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarbear1969 View Post
I'm confused by your statment. on the front page there is an icon that says input account key or enter account key. if you have your retail code then you jsut sign in and press that key and type in your retail key.

Now if you mean you dont have a retail key then you will need to buy it from a retailer. I think the digitial delux version sellers will send you a key as soon as you buy the game from them.
This. Cryptic won't sell you a key outright. You need to actually buy a copy of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
www.startrekonline.com\activate

Enter your retail key.

Enter your credit card info and select a plan and boom...done.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
www.startrekonline.com\activate

Enter your retail key.

Enter your credit card info and select a plan and boom...done.
You owe this guy a one month sub.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah, cryptic is not a retail distribution source, they are development and service
Atari / digital river and a plethera of other retail sources are available including digital download (then you get that instant key since you already have the software)

so its right that the only thing seen on the front page is the activate key link, however it should be noted that there is a list of retailers under one of the expanding menus on the top of the page
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I did purchase the game on 12/24 - They never sent a retail key. I was under the impression that my beta key would follow through to the game launch.

I go here :www.startrekonline.com\activate

and get this "

Billing Errors
We are currently experiencing problems with our billing provider. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you experience problems please allow 5 to 10 minutes and try again."

Again..fustrating. 5-10 minutes have lasted 3 hours
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distic
I did purchase the game on 12/24 - They never sent a retail key. I was under the impression that my beta key would follow through to the game launch.

I go here :www.startrekonline.com\activate

and get this "

Billing Errors
We are currently experiencing problems with our billing provider. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you experience problems please allow 5 to 10 minutes and try again."

Again..fustrating. 5-10 minutes have lasted 3 hours
"They" never sent a retail key? Did you buy it directly from this site? They have been having problem with the company that handles their billing. Most of us were able to breeze right through the process, others like yourself aren't so lucky.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
no the beta key does not equal a retail key. You need to contact whoever it was that you preordered the game from and ask where your key is. now if its a box store you will have to wait till the box is available for pick up.

(I preordered from gamestop and picked my version up yesterday after work and had the retail code entered the min I got home)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
"They" never sent a retail key? Did you buy it directly from this site? They have been having problem with the company that handles their billing. Most of us were able to breeze right through the process, others like yourself aren't so lucky.
I think his problem is that he is trying to use his beta key and not a retail key.