Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
DEVS, please ban these jerks over charging on the Exchange!!!!!! Don't let this turn into EQ2 and WoW economy!!!! Next the damn gold spammers will be in game stealing all the good loot and selling credits to people for cash! BAN THEM NOW!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
I dont buy anything at all. Just drops, and sell anything I dont use. and STAY AWAY from the Exchange, unless you intend to do a lot of searching. If you look really closely, you can find neat deals, but it usually takes a while.
And speaking of which, is it just me or are there never any consoles in the exchange? Or is it still broken (surprise)?
The consoles are there, they just aren't under the console filters. You have to do a general search for "Console - Tactical" etc to see them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolofinwe View Post
DEVS, please ban these jerks over charging on the Exchange!!!!!! Don't let this turn into EQ2 and WoW economy!!!! Next the damn gold spammers will be in game stealing all the good loot and selling credits to people for cash! BAN THEM NOW!!!!
Um, ban people for posting item at a high price? Calm down.

It's called free market. You see, if an item is priced to high for it's value, people won't buy it. The seller then lowers the price.

Ban them ,lol.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolofinwe View Post
Im sorry but this is the most ill informed opinion Ive ever seen. Ban people for not charging what you think is a fair price but for which someone obviously is willing to pay. For using an in-game mechanic for which there are no such rules. No one likes gold farmers or spammers. However, forcing ME to charge prices you think are fair is limiting my gameplay. I want to earn as much credits as possible, thats how I play. To me, thats fun! If its not a good price no one will buy it.

I made a suggestion on how to discourage people from just posting and leaving items up for sale for ridiculous prices. Charge an up front posting fee and a daily maintenance fee. 5% up front and 1% daily seems fair. If someone has 300k item that means that they have to pay 15k up front plus 3k per day to sell it. If they decide to lower the price to say 50k then guess what ? 2500 creds + 500 creds per day to sell it. This way you have a gold sink and you discourage item banking at the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salion2 View Post
The consoles are there, they just aren't under the console filters. You have to do a general search for "Console - Tactical" etc to see them.
I was. I clicked on the console type and hit search witrh no parameters and nothing comes up. I put in a specific name (by the way, a Shift click autofill for this would be amazing) and nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Here's one I don't understand. There is a standard issue Impulse Engine (starter) on the exchange for 999,999,999. That isn't to transfer credits, it's one item (a worthless one), so why bother to use the exchange to bank that?

I wondered what the point was? For spits and giggles?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
Im sorry but this is the most ill informed opinion Ive ever seen. Ban people for not charging what you think is a fair price but for which someone obviously is willing to pay. For using an in-game mechanic for which there are no such rules. No one likes gold farmers or spammers. However, forcing ME to charge prices you think are fair is limiting my gameplay. I want to earn as much credits as possible, thats how I play. To me, thats fun! If its not a good price no one will buy it.

I made a suggestion on how to discourage people from just posting and leaving items up for sale for ridiculous prices. Charge an up front posting fee and a daily maintenance fee. 5% up front and 1% daily seems fair. If someone has 300k item that means that they have to pay 15k up front plus 3k per day to sell it. If they decide to lower the price to say 50k then guess what ? 2500 creds + 500 creds per day to sell it. This way you have a gold sink and you discourage item banking at the exchange.
Yeah, I cant remember off hand the game I was recently playing, that people were putting things in the AH (for lack of a better term) at high prices, and ppl were trying to get them to drop them to less than what the vendors charge for. Even WoW has this problem with Saronite ore and bars and things like that.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
Here's one I don't understand. There is a standard issue Impulse Engine (starter) on the exchange for 999,999,999. That isn't to transfer credits, it's one item (a worthless one), so why bother to use the exchange to bank that?

I wondered what the point was? For spits and giggles?
Default new player items should be banned. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
You don't get energy credits for fleets though if you don't have the mission. I did it, then a bunch more fleet, and all I get are SP for each ship. Buddy hasn't given me the actual mission a second time.
You do it for the drops, and the shot at a blue if you come in first.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
Default new player items should be banned. Period.
I wouldnt be hugely surprised if thats how the goldsellers get past the fact that you cant mail energy.
Standard Issue