Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
I'd pay that for a 6x crit chance. My in-game 401k is maxed out, so I don't have anything else to do with the credits.
I know what you mean.
I put a bunch of stuff on the auction house then went to buy something as surprised that I had so much sto cash.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-02-2010, 11:37 PM
If anyone have noticed in their emails, I received emails from 12 different players, all offering to sell 100,000 energy points for US$19 or US$21 (they raised the price--an extremely bad sign that more than a few players are taking the bait).

I've tried to complain via STO Support, but their Support centre seems to be closed in the past few days, so I don't know where to report this...

IMHO buying Energy units for RL cash spoils this game... and we're only days into STO...
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Credits are pretty easy to get and basically worthless. I have around 5.5M credits and I would glady trade them for exploration badges.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post
If anyone have noticed in their emails, I received emails from 12 different players, all offering to sell 100,000 energy points for US$19 or US$21 (they raised the price--an extremely bad sign that more than a few players are taking the bait).

I've tried to complain via STO Support, but their Support centre seems to be closed in the past few days, so I don't know where to report this...

IMHO buying Energy units for RL cash spoils this game... and we're only days into STO...
There's a dev post elsewhere discussing this. It's been known for a while and there is a report button in-game, that you should use to report goldseller mail.

Found it, it's a stickied thread in the announcements forum:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=96466
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiot View Post
Credits are pretty easy to get and basically worthless. I have around 5.5M credits and I would glady trade them for exploration badges.
Even though anyone who's played this game for a few hours knows that credits are basically worthless the gold farmers are probably still going to be able to squeak out a living making money off the noobs who think they need 100,000 credits as soon as they start playing.

I suspect no matter what happens the gold farmers are here to stay.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Sitting on close to 80k just from selling loot obtained from Fleet actions and patrol missions in a science ship. And just hit Lt Cmd 2 days ago. With nothing to spend the credits on they just pile up. haven't even had to upgrade anything on the free science ship i was given. It was all equal to everything I had found just doing the Lt missions. I guess it will help keep the gold sellers down when no body even needs it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-03-2010, 10:40 AM
I have a measly 1500 credits and just hit Lt Commander a day ago and havent purchased anything. I seem to use all my loot drops.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiot View Post
Good grief, what did you do to get that many? Farm fleet actions?
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I just ignore the Exchange. I can get my starship upgrades for free through exploration badge missions. You can also find some starship and personal weapons at some vendors like the starbase at Sierra. Back early in the game, I did find a a good low Mk3 turret for 500 cress that I picked up. Last night I reached Commander and found that I had 126k creds. I picked up some CHEAP Mk6 weapons from Siera and I plan on doing explore missions to get the new upgrades.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-03-2010, 11:09 AM
I get most of my money from PvP. At Lt. Commander, each ground match I play in gives me 1800-2500 EC. It's not hard to rack up some money while playing to get medals (and for the fun of it.)