Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I got a message telling me i could pick mine up tomorrow morning, but not at 12 am. Moot point. I work for a living, I wont be up that late, and wont be able to go in till the afternoon anyways.

Ah the days of College, when I could go to midnight releases and skip class the next day *Sighs in a nostalgic manner*
Lt. Commander
# 22
Nothing like waiting until the last minute to announce this.
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Select Gamestops around the country will be opening at 12:00 a.m. on February 2 to allow Star Trek Online fans a chance to purchase the game immediately after it officially goes on sale.
I'll be sleeping.

I love Star Trek. I even think STO is a fairly amusing game.

But the constant downtimes and crashes have been too frustrating to me and I'm just not going to lose any sleep over it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
BOO I have to wait until 10am.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Epic Fail!!!!
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
A game as popular as this should have midnight openings across the country!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
I love the other little tidbit tucked away in that 'announcement'...

"We also invite fans to post their photos from their local midnight STAR TREK ONLINE launch events or parties to our Facebook Fan Page! We’ll be choosing at least five of our favorite pictures and sending winners a mini-set of EXCLUSIVE collectible cups from Del Taco!"

So, now we have to take pictures from non-extant parties to get a regional promotion, that will, more than likely, go to people who have a GameStop and a Del Taco within walking distance of each other.

Great.

Somehow I don't think that Cryptic will accept a picture of people sitting in pajamas drinking glasses of various "Romulan Ales" as proper.

The PR people are doing a better job at times than the system seems to be.
Though I am waiting for the Del Taco lawsuits to start coming.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
UPS just delivered my Collector's Edition. I am sooo geeked right now. I am so wearing the communicator!

The artwork book is very nice too.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
i've orderd my copy on-line but that site has as release-day 12 feb.... (i hope he has it wrong), btw i am Dutch so can't hop over to get a copy (lol).....

ah wel.... nothing else to do about it then wait for the release..
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Select Gamestops around the country will be opening at 12:00 a.m. on February 2 to allow Star Trek Online fans a chance to purchase the game immediately after it officially goes on sale. Check out the current list of Gamestop stores opening at midnight here.

Link to the news article.
Okay, this just hits me the wrong way. We have huge server capacity problems, but we can ignore that and promote more people to go buy the game and try to log on?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Select Gamestops around the country will be opening at 12:00 a.m. on February 2 to allow Star Trek Online fans a chance to purchase the game immediately after it officially goes on sale. Check out the current list of Gamestop stores opening at midnight here.

Link to the news article.
Why bother? I'm sure the servers will be down...just like they have been for the past four days.