Chewbacca > Worf
Han Solo/Luke Skywalker > Picard/Kirk
Mon Calamari > Vulcans
Amidala > All

'nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 03:02 AM
I've never really cared either way, I've been to a convention or two, own almost all media ever relaesed, etc. All in all I'd just say I'm a huge fan of Star Trek whether that makes me a trekkie or trekker I really don't care either way.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
After reading a flaming post about Trekkie carebears, I figured I would set the record stright. lol

So what do you cal yourself when it comes to Trek? BTW I said I was a trekker in the other post, but I am really a Trekkie. lol

1. Trekkie - Are often fans of the show but tend not to too heavily engage in the geekyer aspects of it such as conventions or creating their own uniform, righting fan scripts. Still likely to own plenty of DVD/PC Games on the subject buts thatís about it.

2. Trekkers - Tend to be much more devoted/fanatical and noticeably geekier, oftern sporting uniforms from the show in public with out much reason. Speaking Klingon to their friends (though most Treckies know the odd phrase her or there) and having hundreds of pounds (yes, not dollars) worth of Star Trek memorabilia.

Does that sound about right? Got this off the UD. lol

Again so what are you?
Well, according to your definition, I'm a Trekkie who wants to be a Trekker.

By my own reckoning, I'm also a Trekkie. The word Trekker has had rather snotty conotations for me ever since somebody linked that article on the term (I can't remember what it was called. I'll post it if I find it).
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 03:55 AM
I would consider myself a Trekkie in the original sense of the word. I am old enough to have watched the original series first run. I also remember the Trekkie Vs Trekker battle when the second term originally came up, and how the two terms have changed meanings over the years.

I do however own Captain's Bars, an Insignia Badge, a Mirror, Mirror Patch, and a Klingon Pin.
I used to wear them while playing the old Star Trek FASA role playing game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ate/Mirror.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ate/113824.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ate/113649.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 03:58 AM
i shall go with .. Rennie with occasional futuristic tendancies.. lol
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 04:45 AM
So how many of you Trekkers dress the part, as your playing STO?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Trekkie, Trekker... Non of the Above

I'm a Romulan...

ok where is my Chlorpromazine, i think I am believing impossible things again:p

(actually I have always called myself a closet Trekkie, or I will say I am a Goth who loves Trek)
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't think the problem is whether to call people either Trekkies or Trekkers, but rather with those people who are CLEARLY fans but refuse to accept either. I work at a Blockbuster, and I had a conversation with a customer who cringed when I said the word Trekkie and she said:

"Well, I've seen all the movies and episodes and read all the books, but I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie..."

This, my friends, is what I like to call a "Trekkie-in-denial", and they're kinda worse than anyone who claims to be either a Trekkie OR Trekker, since they're CLEARLY nerdy enough to like Star Trek, yet they think somehow that embracing one of these two titles will hoplessly increase their nerd level more than it already is. YOU ALREADY PRETTY MUCH ARE A TREKKIE/ER...DON'T DENY IT!!!

...gah...sorry...kinda frustrating
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I've always considered myself a Trekkie. I've seen every episode of TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT, and I'm actually working on TOS right now. I also own all 11 movies. I've been to several conventions, and I even converted my wife into a Trekkie! (Though I haven't gotten her into STO, yet!)

Like the others, I always thought that Trekker had a snootier feel to it then Trekkie.