Lt. Commander
Ground combat really needs the auto-fire ability returned. Doing away missions is painful right now because of all the button mashing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Agreed. I don't see why this was taken out. I'm hoping it's a bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Eh, I never used it because half the time it blocked using anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Agreed. I don't see why this was taken out. I'm hoping it's a bug.
It's not. It was actually removed several days before the end of beta along with the "always let me choose" instance option, those who had it enabled still did until they disabled it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Afaik Klingons never had ground auto fire. It never worked for me and I heard the same from many others. It could be that they were wanting to remove ground auto fire all together and only just now got around to removing it from the Federation?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 05:37 PM
They need to give it to Klingons too!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Afaik Klingons never had ground auto fire. It never worked for me and I heard the same from many others. It could be that they were wanting to remove ground auto fire all together and only just now got around to removing it from the Federation?
yeah it did no problems, My Klingon loved it.

Id be satisfied if we could jam the button down and have it continue but its mash the button city atm and i just cant be arsed to play like that, i dont have to do it in space why the hell should i destroy my keyboard and my 7 remaining fingers (long story) for ground combat.

I played with this function all through beta and it was almost stealth'd away at the last patch pre launch im really not happy but there's nothing i can do about it its just another reason not to play dirtside.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Definately would like auto attack ground weapons again. My finger gets burn out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, please put the ground auto-fire back in, now ground combat is tedious instead of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfer
yeah it did no problems, My Klingon loved it.

Id be satisfied if we could jam the button down and have it continue but its mash the button city atm and i just cant be arsed to play like that, i dont have to do it in space why the hell should i destroy my keyboard and my 7 remaining fingers (long story) for ground combat.

I played with this function all through beta and it was almost stealth'd away at the last patch pre launch im really not happy but there's nothing i can do about it its just another reason not to play dirtside.
you do have to do it in space, as soon as your using more than 1 for and aft weapon you want to auto fire.

BUTTON MASHING IS NOT THE WAY TO PLAY A MMO! it seams that cryptic have heard of our issues, and gone in the other direction, not impressed at all