Lt. Commander
As I read the forums I see one company after another canceling people's preorders. Not everyone's mind you, but apparently they are all running short. Who is to blame for this? If it were only one retailer I would think they were, but it seems this is affecting multiple retailers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Here is something funny.
You know how the game gets released in EU on the 5th?
Yeah well... Chats store is releasing it the 2nd. In EU.

How's that for service?
Not only does Chat get to give everyone the finger and go straight to the VIP counter she gets it's earlier than most others in EU. :p

So who is to blame? No fricken idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
A lot of times companies take more preorders than they can fulfill. Hey they get your money ahead of time and collect the interest on it. To be honest I'd say it's more your stores fault than it is Cryptics.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
A lot of retailers will accept as many preorders as they can regardless of how much physical inventory they will receive from distributors. A lot of distributors will send less than promised to retailers. Who really knows which is which with this situation? Or maybe both happened?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
It's a conspiracy.
cryptic knows that there are to many people on the server, so they are working with the Legion of Doom to make amazon, and game stop cancel orders. that way there is less of a population.
( even if all logic suggests that the pencil pushers at gamestop, and amazon under order, now they are getting swamped with orders. so amazon is picking and choosing while game stop is giving priority to people who come in store, but that can't be )
I said it here first! Cryptic is with the Legion, and the super friends can save us.
*puts on tin foil hat. *
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Here is something funny.
You know how the game gets released in EU on the 5th?
Yeah well... Chats store is releasing it the 2nd. In EU.

How's that for service?
Not only does Chat get to give everyone the finger and go straight to the VIP counter she gets it's earlier than most others in EU. :p

So who is to blame? No fricken idea.
Darn Víkingr's, probably raided the ship while it was in harbor and passed on the beer which is why you got it on time!

Will you play Abba's "one of us" tomorrow for those other in the EU?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKAe8Wi0S0
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
Darn Víkingr's, probably raided the ship while it was in harbor and passed on the beer which is why you got it on time!

Will you play Abba's "one of us" tomorrow for those other in the EU?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIKAe8Wi0S0
Chat will be busy hopping happily towards the VIP counter.

A girl going straight to the special counter in a game store... Makes all the boys drop their jaws.
Flawless victory.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chat will be busy hopping happily towards the VIP counter.

A girl going straight to the special counter in a game store... Makes all the boys drop their jaws.
Flawless victory.
That so reminds me of Gamers Dorkness Rising 2 when the girl walks into a gaming store and all the guys looked shocked:

You'll have to start with Part 1 though .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwtH5oQqHPg
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWi1co View Post
A lot of times companies take more preorders than they can fulfill. Hey they get your money ahead of time and collect the interest on it. To be honest I'd say it's more your stores fault than it is Cryptics.
Not all retailers take your money right away. I pre-ordered from Amazon and Gamestop, and neither of them took my money. In fact, I just got billed by Gamestop today.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
game day launches always have these things where people want to cancel their pre-orders and then if the game lasts more than a year they will come back. I did the same thing with SWG and came back a year later it was fun before I got bored.