Empire Veteran
# 21
01-07-2014, 04:50 PM
All right.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 22
01-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Mission is out of review stage and visible to everyone! Thank you to everyone who's reviewed so far.
Empire Veteran
# 23
01-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Congrats .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Career Officer
# 24
01-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Last preview of the next mission. Seems Epohhs weren't the only things to get taken by Clan Shiassi.

Whats the Gorn word for Redshirt?
Empire Veteran
# 25
01-09-2014, 05:31 AM
I'm calling the ASPCA on these Ferasans.
Career Officer
# 26
01-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I'm calling the ASPCA on these Ferasans.
You know what tho? I'm having problems continuing development because its too damn funny to watch the Nanovs utterly devastate 3 squads of Gorn. Flinging them in the air with their tentacles and then jumping on their heads. Its the best Gallow's Humor I've had in a long time.
Empire Veteran
# 27
01-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
You know what tho? I'm having problems continuing development because its too damn funny to watch the Nanovs utterly devastate 3 squads of Gorn. Flinging them in the air with their tentacles and then jumping on their heads. Its the best Gallow's Humor I've had in a long time.
Sent you a friend request in-game. I also suggested your mission for the spotlight to Branflakes .
Career Officer
# 28
01-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Sent you a friend request in-game. I also suggested your mission for the spotlight to Branflakes .
I appreciate it. And if I can get in game I will gladly accept.
Lieutenant
# 29
01-11-2014, 01:40 PM
I played through this mission today and had a lot of fun doing it. Figured I'd post a few thoughts I had here. Note there will no doubt be spoilers in this post.

First, I must commend you on the map designs. The modifications made to Defera were great, and frankly, I like it better than the original. The floating tents in the forest camp were a bit jarring, but I appreciate how hard it is to place objects on uneven terrain.

The mission had some amusing ground combat. The Epohhs caught me completely off guard; I lost two of my boffs before I realized what I was supposed to be targeting. Hilarious and unexpected. STO needs more moments like that.

You obviously spent a lot of time crafting the story and dialogue for the mission and it shows. Nice to see some good stories on the KDF side.

I did have a few thoughts on how you might improve the mission. They are of course my own options, so take as may grains of salt as required.

You may want to include something like "Go to the panel next to the transporter on Qo'nos" somewhere in the mission description or mission objectives, outside of Worf's mission briefing.

The Ferasan dialogue option when first speaking to Ambassador Jilia, "I see you are learned of our culture," feels a bit awkward. You might try something like: "I see you are well versed in our ways." There's probably better ways to word it, that's just the best I could come up with.

The Ferasan dialogue option when first speaking to Hisow Jinao Na'fis, "I am aware with our procedures, Hisow," would probably be better written: "I am aware of our procedures, Hisow." If you have your heart set on 'with,' you might try: "I am familiar with our procedures, Hisow."

In the conference room, when speaking about the Orion Syndicate, you may want to change, "Oh great, an Syndicate Spy." to: "Oh great, a Syndicate Spy." keep the 'an' if you decide to use 'Orion Syndicate Spy' instead.

When meeting Rusizth and Dossei Kis, The Ferasan dialogue option, "The honor is mine to meet both of you." again, feels a bit awkward, though I really can't think of any way to change it, other than something like: "It is an honor to meet both of you."

In the conference room, Ambassador S'taass says: "Spare Milani D'ian the trouble the Gorn, the Romulan Republic..." I think the sentence would read better if 'the Gorn' was at the start of a new sentence, i.e.: "Spare Milani D'ian the trouble! The Gorn, the Romulan Republic..."

I noticed that all dialogue with my engineer was from my ship engineer whereas the tactical and science options came from my away team. Not sure if this is an issue with your mission or just a general Cryptic boff issue.

When returning to the forest camp, Patriarch V'ess Mrau'So says: "The exile was... inconvient, but our allies among the Orion Syndicate." I think you meant ' inconvenient' instead of inconvient, but I really don't know what the sentence is trying to get across. Maybe: "The exile was... inconvenient, but only for our allies among the Orion Syndicate."?

You may want to change the text of the "Talk to Worf" option to make it distinguishable from the identical "Talk to Worf" option you get whenever you approach him.

Over all, this is a great mission and I look forward to seeing what else you can create.

Last edited by j0hn41; 01-11-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 30
01-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hn41 View Post
I played through this mission today and had a lot of fun doing it. Figured I'd post a few thoughts I had here. Note there will no doubt be spoilers in this post.

First, I must commend you on the map designs. The modifications made to Defera were great, and frankly, I like it better than the original. The floating tents in the forest camp were a bit jarring, but I appreciate how hard it is to place objects on uneven terrain.

The mission had some amusing ground combat. The Epohhs caught me completely off guard; I lost two of my boffs before I realized what I was supposed to be targeting. Hilarious and unexpected. STO needs more moments like that.

You obviously spent a lot of time crafting the story and dialogue for the mission and it shows. Nice to see some good stories on the KDF side.

I did have a few thoughts on how you might improve the mission. They are of course my own options, so take as may grains of salt as required.

You may want to include something like "Go to the panel next to the transporter on Qo'nos" somewhere in the mission description or mission objectives, outside of Worf's mission briefing.

The Ferasan dialogue option when first speaking to Ambassador Jilia, "I see you are learned of our culture," feels a bit awkward. You might try something like: "I see you are well versed in our ways." There's probably better ways to word it, that's just the best I could come up with.

The Ferasan dialogue option when first speaking to Hisow Jinao Na'fis, "I am aware with our procedures, Hisow," would probably be better written: "I am aware of our procedures, Hisow." If you have your heart set on 'with,' you might try: "I am familiar with our procedures, Hisow."

In the conference room, when speaking about the Orion Syndicate, you may want to change, "Oh great, an Syndicate Spy." to: "Oh great, a Syndicate Spy." keep the 'an' if you decide to use 'Orion Syndicate Spy' instead.

When meeting Rusizth and Dossei Kis, The Ferasan dialogue option, "The honor is mine to meet both of you." again, feels a bit awkward, though I really can't think of any way to change it, other than something like: "It is an honor to meet both of you."

In the conference room, Ambassador S'taass says: "Spare Milani D'ian the trouble the Gorn, the Romulan Republic..." I think the sentence would read better if 'the Gorn' was at the start of a new sentence, i.e.: "Spare Milani D'ian the trouble! The Gorn, the Romulan Republic..."

I noticed that all dialogue with my engineer was from my ship engineer whereas the tactical and science options came from my away team. Not sure if this is an issue with your mission or just a general Cryptic boff issue.

When returning to the forest camp, Patriarch V'ess Mrau'So says: "The exile was... inconvient, but our allies among the Orion Syndicate." I think you meant ' inconvenient' instead of inconvient, but I really don't know what the sentence is trying to get across. Maybe: "The exile was... inconvenient, but only for our allies among the Orion Syndicate."?

You may want to change the text of the "Talk to Worf" option to make it distinguishable from the identical "Talk to Worf" option you get whenever you approach him.

Over all, this is a great mission and I look forward to seeing what else you can create.
First, thank you for your support. I'll try to fix some of the dialogue issues.

As for anything on Qo'Nos, I can't change that. That's all hard coded and locked down. The only options I have are to pick contacts, exit doors and dialogue.

And I have no idea whats causing that away team issue. But its a systems thing because I've got them set to your ground boff contact.