Lt. Commander
# 311
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
STOP

bringing the server down in Primetime fgs!
Lt. Commander
# 312
just be happy the moderators are letting you vent, when SOE dropped the nge on its player base the forum banhammer was in action within minutes, whole threads deleted no posting on trial accounts it was classic
Lt. Commander
# 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylozeer
2-6 hours 3 times a day you mean. :p

FYI game devs / GMs, we're not in beta any more. You are Live, headstart or not. Time to treat us like customers and at least give us a heads up prior to the downtimes you know about.
Hell i just got home and the servers are down for a supposed 2 hours. When i looked at what time they posted that at and what time it is now thats almost 3.5 hours ago now, if it was going to take extra time then why hasnt the message been changed accordingly. I mean I bought a lifetime membership but because of all the $$ i would be saving in the long run, but OMFG everytime I goto play STO its offline for "unexpected" or "emergency" maintenance. Dont get me wrong I love the game and everything but i would be loving the game a whole lot more if i actually got to play it as I am sure everybody else would. Perhaps buying newer better equipment and servers would be a better route for you to go or atleast have a backup system in place for us to be on while you work on the main one.

I just might have to go find another game to pass my time with everytime i am forced to sit here and wait for star trek offline to come back up, for another couple of hours before it goes back down.
Lt. Commander
# 314
I don't like all the maintenance but it is to be expected. Besides, the last time they took the servers down they implemented a patch that made all the loading and login issues much more barable. Patience my children.
Lt. Commander
# 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMaster View Post
That's why they call them 'crashes' and 'emergency maintenance'. Typically, you get no warning for either.
there was a warning and it was not a crash and hardly an emergency just routine 2 hour maintance of the tribble infestation its all your fault too
Lt. Commander
# 316
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatec View Post
Hmm...so Cryptic should make people work an odd shift to make YOU happy?

I bet that you wouldn't work until 3:00am or go to work 6 hours early for one of YOUR customers.
actually, most software companies would, and do, support like that.

So, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 317
"Brief" is right. This game is pants.
Lt. Commander
# 318
Halfway through that damned nebula Briar Patch mission.

Great.
Lt. Commander
# 319
a little more than a week ago there was a post saying they put a rush order on new servers.......you should have atleast three different servers before launch....not just one. Why havent you brought another server online yet
Lt. Commander
# 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkpaladin View Post
You know I wouldn't mind these downtimes nearly as much if they would take the very basic common courtesy step of telling us in game.
I'm sure the devs wouldn't mind if you took the 'very basic common courtesy step' of learning the difference between a crash and planned maintenance.
Closed Thread