Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
I'm guessing you don't read the forums much, for if you did you would have realised that the game goes down during North American prime hours as well.
No matter when they take the servers down, it will affect someone, somewhere.

If you notice the paterns, the servers tend to go down the most during EU and NA "prime time" hours.
It does go down around the same time everyday. It would be nice for them to change it up a bit. 4:45 today, 7:45 tomorrow and so forth. Oh well. At least they are trying to get some of the issues resolved for the official launch.
Lt. Commander
These daily downtimes- that are happening 3 times a day are becoming annoying now.. I can understand this sorta thing during beta- but it's almost occurring 3 times a day now (that's 6 hours or more usually)
Lt. Commander
# 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshinko
You really can't be serious... taking the game servers down everyday for a couple of hours during primetime is not a clean head start.
/agree if you think about it it was around 6.5 hours yesterday and i think around 5-6 hours the day before..i dont want to start off another crazy thread...but it certainly hasn't been "a couple opf hours" or "a clean headstart" thats just..well i dunno cant be bothered to get into the flame wars today
Lt. Commander
# 44
oh my days! down again.. there has to be a period somewhere whereby you are not screwing over europe! bye bye headstart!
Lt. Commander
# 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkane
I have absolutely NO problem with you doing any updates, maintenance, restarts, etc....

But, for the love of Pete! SAVE OUR PROGRESS IN MISSIONS AS WE COMPLETE PARTS OF THEM!
I have played many mmorpgs and loss of progress and/or items/loot/skills due to disconnects has always been a bane of the genre.

Until World of ********.

I have played WoW since the first open beta and I can tell you in 5 years I think it's happened ONCE where I actually lost progress on a quest or an item due to a game crash.

They seem to have really made this a priority at Blizzard and I would encourage the developers of STO to come up with something similar.

Especially since WoW's been around for five years and this game is brand new...
Lt. Commander
# 46
Nice unwarned down time again, stood by this game althrough the beta phase both closed and open but now I really am paying for the game I gotta say seeing the game go down once a night an unspecified time for an unspecified length seems pretty unproffesional.. not only that but the fact this going in the paid headstart which was all about letting dedicated customers get ahead seems pretty rediculous actually. Ah well, throwing one voice into the unheard masses isn't really a worthwhile venture :p
Lt. Commander
# 47
Well, that's one thing Eve does far better... let you know when the server's going to go **** up. :/ Even if your node is lagged to a black screen of "damnit I lost another Carrier!" they let you know the server's going down because Eve can't figure out how to get away from blob warfare.

And if they have a downtime going past a half hour something has really gone wrong. Something major. Tuxford forgetting which comp he's using when he ctrl-Q's.
Lt. Commander
# 48
i thought the headstart was just that? not an extended beta?
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not going to make a snikde remark about cancelling my lifetime but even I'm getting irritated by this BS. 1/3 of our headstart has been wasted by downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
I'm guessing you don't read the forums much, for if you did you would have realised that the game goes down during North American prime hours as well.
No matter when they take the servers down, it will affect someone, somewhere.

If you notice the paterns, the servers tend to go down the most during EU and NA "prime time" hours.
Two different realm (US and Eu) would have this issue solved..
Closed Thread