Lt. Commander
# 781 How to solve alot of problems
02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Cryptic get some ideas from other MMORPG's such as WoW/Guildwars/Everqueest etc etc. MMORPG always been about stealing minor idea's that obviusly work.

So go ahead go look how they solved theyr server issues, Guildwars got basicly same system as Cryptic yet iv not seen it crash so far. The main diffrence is they got specific servers for EU/Asia/US were you end up in, if you got friends however u can simply by a click switch regions to the one your friends are on.

By doing this u dont ad to the flame of EU vs US hate crap thats been going on, as a 50/50 American / European i gota say its lame.

Europe got the same right as USA to the game, its the same cash and the same amount of players if not more. If we look at other MMORPGS the player base seems bigger in europe od enough.

Anyway back to the issue. Or you do like Blizzard and Frogger did with theyr games, specific locked servers for europe and specific locked servers for US. While its nighttime in US they got a team in europe doing the maintainance on those servers. And while its night-time in Europe they got 1 team in USA solving those server issues.

Resulting in, No one looses theyr prime time. Less server straining. Less angry costumers wich will lead to people actualy wanting to invite friends and relativs into the game and recomend it when speaking to other gamers.

As it is going down now you will be one in a long row of dead before even got of launchpad futuristic MMORPG's even thoe it is star trek the 1 theme with most supporters and fans. Seeing that not al that get/got the game had acces to the headstart, if we had downtime 3times a day 2hours a day with this limited population, Imagine how it will be when people go pick up theyr games tomorow. Probably 100 000 more gamers just in US alone the first 24hours.

And with a wild guess that doubles the current population, making it into 6 2hour maintainances a day insteed of like now 3 times a day. Resulting in 12 hours a day, then we get the Europeans a few days later (Mind that the US population still is growing cause it havent reached out how bad the servers are). Then we ad that by the time its been out in europe for 24 hours we 5doubled the population (Counting EU and US) So then we take the math, 5 times the population that made servers crash for 12 hours a day..... Hmmm that meens leme see.....

Ohhh yea thats right, 60hours a day wich aint working seeing a day is 24hours. Is it safe to say that the servers by then would gone up in flames giving of green-blue smoke and well STO ends deeper in the grave then "Underground London" did, or for that matter Star Wars Galaxy did......
Lt. Commander
# 782 Always in Maintenance
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. Everyday I come home and the servers are down. At least it was better with a few servers which were fidgety during open beta, but you at least got to play. I don't see the point of head-start, if you can't get on. Between "Maintenance" and work, I'm getting zero play time. Usually for myself, games are what are supposed to be available to take a small edge off of work. What happened to those promises of "The servers are on their way" and have been put on "rush delivery." I seriously hope these are not the ones that were received
Lt. Commander
# 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Can the servers get back up? Having the TV on Enterprise is putting me to sleep.
Scott Bakula has that effect on people. They're looking at "Enterprise Exposure Therapy" to help people with anxiety disorders. No word on FDA approval.
Lt. Commander
# 784
You Klingon son, you killed my ******* forums!
Lt. Commander
# 785
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
nazi's people have a problem with not modern germans or even the soldiers that fought. no one was saying that, yu just saw what you wanted to see
oh an moralic

didn't see i wrote with ironic

dont think im an nazi ok
Lt. Commander
# 786 Server is up
02-01-2010, 03:15 PM
I've just got back in.
Lt. Commander
# 787
02-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Would you believe it. At the exact time the server comes up, Im off to bed. Now I am REALLY getting sick of this. Bet you did it just to majorly P*** of the EU players, IT AINT F****** funny, that your idea of a bad joke,
that was the dirtiest thing that you could possibly of done, **** in our faces, thanks
Lt. Commander
# 788
02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
The servers back up guys with a 128mb update, people who are complaing i would like to see u programme a better game gj Sto team good luck
Lt. Commander
# 789
I just logged all the way in and STAYED in.
Lt. Commander
# 790
maybe i didn't see the whole post as i have absolutley no idea what you are talking about. fortunatley the server seems to be up so i dont need to care from this point. though sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick..these pages manifest faster than i can read
Closed Thread