Lt. Commander
# 201
02-05-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olopboy View Post
I don't understand why I am still getting these after disabling private messaging in my forum options.
This option?

Receive EmailFrom time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.
If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.

->Receive Email from Administrators

You can allow other members to send you email messages.

->Receive Email from Other Members

Or the private messagin from the forum?

They are in the same page but they're different options.

I don't know if it works, i've de-activated it now so... perhaps it doesn't work properly or who knows
Lt. Commander
# 202
02-05-2010, 05:27 AM
They can't even bother to spell correctly
Lt. Commander
# 203
02-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Nice to hear this is happening. It happened in Star Wars Galaxies and the support team said it was too big a problem to fix. So they ignored it....
Lt. Commander
# 204
02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Why buy them is is pretty easy to get Energy credits At level 24 I have like 300k already

Dont worry after about 3weeks anyone buying EC will drop dramatically since it is so pointless
The real currency is merit and you cannot trade that
Lt. Commander
# 205
02-05-2010, 06:28 AM
I've been getting emails in-game everyday since head start. Is there any way of filtering this. It's not a big problem, but more of a nuisance. I just report it as spam.
Lt. Commander
# 206
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkoala
Or the private messagin from the forum?

They are in the same page but they're different options.

I don't know if it works, i've de-activated it now so... perhaps it doesn't work properly or who knows
Both are off, trying to stop the voices
Lt. Commander
# 207
02-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I never get why MMO companies doesn't set up proper software to find and secure information about goldsellers to at least put a stop for some.

One of the characteristics is that they send the same message to alot of players. Another one is that they spam any general chat as much as flooding allows.

It should be easy to implement this and also check 'report/ignore' list and then check for IP numbers.

Goldsellers should along with kick-ban be IP banned.

Unless they have dynamic IP, in which case normal customers would be troubled if IP got banned.

I suggest also that on top of this MMO companies makes a deal with ISPs, so they can root out the goldsellers. With being able to ban them for accessing any of the companies sites and games.

Hit goldsellers where it hurts. GMs on every server in the start using the banbat will have a big impact on them. It will clear some in the start.
It will cost them more revenue than they can earn. If there is no business in trying to sell gold, they will not do it on the games where they can't.

BTW, great to hear that players that buys also gets the attention from devs.
Both goldsellers and buyers are naughty kids. Grow up and grind on your own!
Buying gold or PL give me no sense in acomplisment!

/squish
Lt. Commander
# 208
02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
I just laugh when I get these messages, Im almost t4 and im yet to spend a single energy crystal.
Lt. Commander
# 209
02-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Three more

etewgg
Lafdgd
dfhtyytfdf

We definitiely need a "report spam" option in the forum email that blocks their account so they can't just create an alt and re-mail twenty minutes later.
Lt. Commander
# 210
02-05-2010, 08:08 AM
You know a solution to this would be only able to trade or give energy credits if you are in a guild (fleet) with that same person. And then the rights have to be given by the senior officers that have those abilities. That would solve alot of this problem. And then if it was given with item exchange. Only allow that through the exchange. That way it can be tracked when a item sells for a huge amount above the normal percentage. And if it is contracted to a single person it throws a red flag if it is above 100% of normal or something in that area