01-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Die, Zombie, Die!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 562
01-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temari View Post
2010-01-07

By the way in case this helps, someone named Keith@keigetsu is spamming that he's selling energy credits for cash in Earth Space Dock zone #1 right now. I reported him with the in game GM report thing. I hope they catch him and he gets banned. It was like scrolling repeating text over and over, highly annoying. When I chose "report spam" on him it said it added him to my ignore list also, thankfully, so now I don't see it. A lot of people in zone chat were asking him to stop but he was ignoring it. I think after enough report him it mutes him probably.
Yeah, just remember that the right-click report spam doesn't actually report them, it's just a system built in to automatically mute people if the computer gets enough 'reports', here Cryptic explicitly say that themselves:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe {Online Community Rep} View Post
To avoid griefing through this system though, it takes many many reports of this type before an account gets banned for gold farming. If you want to be doubly sure action will be taken sooner rather than later, after hitting "report spam" copy their @handle, and send it to us through the GM Ticketing system. This way a real person will evaluate the case rather than a computer, so we don't need for a lot of reports to pile up before they get spam-banned.
So.... Type /help and make a GM ticket, copypaste the name, say what they are doing and what the website is too so they can add it to their spam block list IF they have actually implemented anything by now, knowing their past history I don't have high hopes but it's worth saying...
Lt. Commander
# 563
01-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
(why the game was always so backwards that you couldn't just create player-made private global chat channels like in City of Villains I don't know...)
umm...you can create as many global private and public chat channels as you wish in STO
Lt. Commander
# 564
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
you may want to do with in the same style as you do with weeds: You remove the root, rather than the top:
Thats not what I do with "weeds":p

And whats the big deal about Ferengi Snugglers?

OOPS didn't see the Necro.
Lt. Commander
# 565
01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Honestly, grow up, the issue is still current and ongoing as I suspected, and as Temari's reply made clear...

Making a new thread about an issue when a thread already exists for it would be far less constructive than using the official thread in this section.

adminaddict.net/forum/general-community-discussion/1-975
Quote:
I really don't understand why some admins get upset over posting in old threads, when it's relevant. The point of a forum is asynchronous communication, right?
______
Michelle, I never understood why people have such a big problem with it.[..]
______
If it adds something useful that's fine[..]
______
Waking up threads that are still relevant does not cause me confusion. [..] Of course one should not wake up threads unless there is a reason. Such as asking a question or new information relevant to the thread.
______
[..] I don't know why someone would get all uppity about it.
______
The regulars (and even admins/mods) on some forums like to give newbs a hard time about resurrecting old threads. But, It's no big deal to me. [..]
______
I think the only people who have problems with this are lousy admins who have lousy staff. If you have mods and staff doing their job, this is of no concern.
______
I don't have a problem with "extreme" thread bumps when the response is worthwhile.
______
It all depends on the thread. If the conversation can be carried on smoothly, then I'm all for reviving old threads.
______
It depends entirely on the members ability to use common sense but I really do not like closed threads for keeping track of some information. Especially the auto lock after 6 months.

If the members are planing anything long term like a physical meeting of members 18 months from now and the thread gets closed when it becomes 6 months old it causes much frustration.

Or a long term research project where people give updates every few months.
______
If the reply has some relevence I have no issues with it[..]
______
[..]I've seen one or two that closed old threads automatically, but I believe that discourages some additional worthwhile posting. People don't always start a new thread about an old thread, if they can't post in the old thread.
I think some people just instinctively attack anything different from the norm in a kneejerk reaction even if it's a better way of doing things. Herd mentality.
Lt. Commander
# 566
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
The problem seemed to have gone away but I've seen a resurgence of credit spammers in the past month.