Lt. Commander
# 51
02-02-2010, 03:55 AM
You have to be careful about spam and such reporting. People get into arguments or the kiddies will lose in PvP to someone and spam report them in game to get them kicked for defeating them in PvP seen it done before lots of times.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkflamingo View Post
I can't believe how fast they started spamming to sell energy credits already. Fact of the times I guess. You guys can always give me an extra 100k credits and I'll help you report them, LOL :p
Believe it or not, I had someone spamming me in Open Beta!! Like its ever going to be of use there!

Maybe an incentive scheme will remove these Ferengi dirt bags a lot faster... A small reward in game for each report that results in action. Be it credits, or items couldn't care less. I think it would just thwart these people a whole lot faster.

Not to say I won't be reporting any of them because I don't get anything out of it... Quite the opposite.

Nip this in the bud quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Very glad to see actions are being taken against this, I got pm's and received ingame emails from them in open beta and on headstart. Also want to add that Im very happy with the way the server has been running after sunday. Keep up the great work...
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
I just wanted to add a quick note that very soon we will be adding the ability to report players for spamming/gold farming directly from the forums and web site. We are testing this functionality now and will be adding it very soon.

We are also working on more things to implement that will be seamless to the players but willl help the GMs out tremendously.

I will be adding updates as I get them. By working together we can help fight this and make your playing experience better.

Cheers
Phil

Director of CS
Is this really going to help? Maybe some? I have played many MMOs and for some this did nothing but force the farmers to continually create new accounts, which it seems they have no problem doing.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Have you thought about selling energy credits yourself??

Many people dont have tons of time to play and would be more than happy to shell out some of their hard earned money to help them enjoy the game more..

Why not make some cash off them to increase your revenue, and get more cash to pay more devs !!

I know for me it doesnt matter if you make your kid brother lvl grind your money.. YOu spend 100 hours a week doing it.. Or you buy items right from the cryptic store. It has zero effect to my play...

What does effect my play is being pestered by credit farmers and having to compete for space with them... Im happy you are taking steps to stop this.. It worked in starwars galaxies.. and other games, perhaps selling credits cheaper than you can buy from dealers is the answere
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludajae View Post
You have to be careful about spam and such reporting. People get into arguments or the kiddies will lose in PvP to someone and spam report them in game to get them kicked for defeating them in PvP seen it done before lots of times.
abuse it.. lose your account... its not to hard
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
I`ve had so many 'Stogold' subject entitled mail items too, I have deleted at least 10 so far

Is there any way of blanket banning mail entitled 'Stogold'? They all seem to be exactly the same. Either that, or place a 'Report Spam/Gold Seller' button which removes them from the forum after so many reports or something

Nice to see its being taken seriously though.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Ive gotten dozens of gold spam mail already...
I report it as spam, and delete the mail...

Its quite annoying > Hopefully you guys can find a sound solution.
Maybe do something similar to eve online plex cards?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-02-2010, 06:06 AM
I didn't read the pages of this, but it would be nice if once we clicked Report Spam button it deleted the the message for us. Instead if takes a click to report, a click to delete, and another click to confirm delete.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-02-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm glad to see that this is going to be taken care of in game as well as in the forums I cleared my inbox out last night and darint if there weren't more in there this morning. Thank you Cryptic