Lt. Commander
Yup, pretty much this. I'd have save the money if I knew more about their lack of finished products. To think I was just upset about skill cap and lack of Klink content. Now to have paid to forum troll? what a joke of a beta that was. Get your crap together Cryptic. Feb. 2nd will be even worse..
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
lol, man these pages move fast when everyone is on it furious. I'll keep feeding them tho..
nom nom nom.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:49 PM
headstart costs any money?

i havent paid something. but thanks for more whining...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
what?

you paid for headstart?

no you didn't, sorry... but you paid normal price, same price that it would cost if you started a month from now.... you were not charged extra for headstart...

The 30 days "free" play doesn't even take affect until you put your retail key on, so it isn't even coming out of your subscription time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:53 PM
um ya... regular box is $50ish and direct download with headtstart from atari was $65ish. You thought they wouldnt try and make more money by letting in some people in early? lol. I fell for it thinking Feb2 would be terribad laggy/ disco. this way I could get a HEADSTART and not bother on the 2nd-3rd..

..duh. its in the name.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
1. No one "pays" for headstart, as others have pointed out.

2. Bugs and server issues aside, it's not beta since you get to KEEP your character afterwards. It's a perk for pre-ordering, and Cryptic didn't have to give you if they didn't want to. Issues aside, you'll still be ahead of everyone else come launch day that didn't pre-order.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:55 PM
headstart is an advertised extra so its false advertising if you dont get it basically.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
um ya... regular box is $50ish and direct download with headtstart from atari was $65ish. You thought they wouldnt try and make more money by letting in some people in early? lol. I fell for it thinking Feb2 would be terribad laggy/ disco. this way I could get a HEADSTART and not bother on the 2nd-3rd..

..duh. its in the name.
you got ripped off then... you purchased a bad deal.. but you didn't pay extra for the head start, you paid extra overall cuz you chose to.... there were other ways to get in headstart... even last minute ones. Glad I only paid $45 for mine :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
actually you probably bought the DDE which has bonus items attached to it for the extra cash.

headstart is a gift, a thank you for pre-ordering.

if you paid for it, then more fool you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
1. No one "pays" for headstart, as others have pointed out.

2. Bugs and server issues aside, it's not beta since you get to KEEP your character afterwards. It's a perk for pre-ordering, and Cryptic didn't have to give you if they didn't want to. Issues aside, you'll still be ahead of everyone else come launch day that didn't pre-order.
WRONG : We have paid for "Collectors" Edition to have access to the Head Start that was otherwise unavailable ... And I'm starting to feel honestly robbed ...

And with some strange players alreay at levels 20+ in less than ONE SINGLE day I seriously doubt that players who will start to play on the 2 of feb will be long behind your back once the game will be opened ... If it will be "ever" opened ...