Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I think the game itslf is in ok shape. i mean normal amount of bugs to be ironed out. but the fact this game has gone down every day, either by itself or in this case an unannounced maintenance (come on guys tell us these things).

so id have to say NO, sevrers arent ready, and as far as Cryptics communication, they areny ready to run an MMO if they dont tell their customers when maintenance is coming in game...
Lt. Commander
# 12
[sarcasm]

the servers are stable.... they dont fall on the floor or nothin....

[/sarcasm]

At the moment, I'd have to go with No.

I suspect Cryptic are going to have to hand out a LOT of free game time to paying subscribers when the servers keep doing this tomorrow at launch. In beta its part of the testing process, in headstart its something that sometimes happens. After launch people are not going to stick around to subscribe to watch a "Connecting to login server" dialogue box for long, and at the rate its currently going, if they do start compensating players for lost time a lot of us are going to end up playing for a very long time free of charge.
Lt. Commander
As much as I'm enjoying this game, I'd have to 100% agree with the others. NO WAY. With Launch Day tomorrow, frankly I would be embarassed if I was Cryptic. The game content is there (initially, anyway)...and the subscribers are there...but the stability is CRAP. Unless they get these issues resolved quickly, I'm going to start feeling sorry for the people that paid $240 up front for a lifetime subscription. They're not getting their money's worth at the moment...even if they don't know it (or won't admit it).
Lt. Commander
# 14
Agreed. Big NO. Main issue is stability. Their server capacity is totally inadequate. Its only the head start and as soon as america returns home from work/school and logs on.the server dies. its not workable and so far iv been saying to any1 who's asked for a recomendation of this game iv had to say....'Its great gameplay.........but the technical side is poor' and advised them to avoid until its sorted.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
looks to me like they were looking at another year in development and realized the game would die before they could get it launched.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm having a fantastic time when I'm playing...
but then the "nnnnnnoooooooooo!!!" comes along.

I hope they get the stability issue sorted quick!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
No way, I'm very disappointed with the quality of the server. I have been very positive during the beta duration, but tomorrow is launch day and it feels like it went from beta to pre-beta stage to me.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
As it stands, even if they have it resolved the way i feel they run things, im not subscribing after my first 30 days... Im just really not impressed with their management of this game at all...with no communication it feels like 'HAHA WE HAVE YOUR MONEY ALREADY AND WE DONT CARE'
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
could the game use more time in development, yes, but luanch is here and I will live with it becuase all in all I am enjoying my time in game and can only see it getting better
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 01:58 PM
[ _ ] - Ready
[ _ ] - Not ready
[ X ] - Ready or not, here she comes

What does it matter to me? I have a lifetime subscription. The game 16 months from now is awesome.