Lt. Commander
# 261
02-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelander
Hey Ill Let You in on a secret but shhh dont tell anyone ok? Here goes........ you will need more servers and processing power lol..
They won't, they'll just wait it out for the one month till all the people leave and it'll be fine.

Buying hardware now is a stupid business decision if it is redundant in 2 weeks.

Have Fun, 2 more weekends to go
Lt. Commander
# 262
02-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
Whoa! You guys continue to blow away all our expectations. We had so many people playing Star Trek this weekend... It's incredible! Of course, whenever we break population records, we find more room for improvement, as well.

We had some issues this weekend that brought the servers down a couple times. This was due, in large part, to lots of people claiming items from the C-Store and an unrelated bug on the back-end. We've been working all weekend to sort these issues out and we should have some fixes rolled out later today.

We're continuing to work on server performance and stability, too. We're constantly squeezing more and more out of every little bit of processor power we have.

These fixes will go a long way in better preparing us for the inevitable rush tomorrow and this coming weekend. Thanks for bearing with us during this time.

I know this weekend was rough, but be sure that the team here at Cryptic is entirely focused on getting any issue we find resolved and fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your patience.

-Zn
I'm sure it was hard writing that post.
Lt. Commander
# 263
02-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Hey Ill Let You in on a secret but shhh dont tell anyone ok? Here goes........ you will need more servers and processing power lol..
They didn't listen.

Sol 3 is a wash of rubberbanding.
On top of that, just getting to the Account Server is a frakkin miracle.
Lt. Commander
# 264 My account
02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
How bout fixing my account by tonight... K thanks. I got the game yesterday still have yet to be able to log on. 'Account error, please contact Billing support'.

Here's my error message for you.
"angry client, please have billing support available on the WEEKEND!!!'
Lt. Commander
# 265
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
... and please fix your tag system. Going 12 hrs without a response is kind of bad.
Lt. Commander
# 266
02-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Whoa???? What are you 12? Dev this is not okay!

http://www.lead411.com/company_Atari...pin_14471.html
Lt. Commander
# 267
02-06-2010, 11:03 AM
You tried to tap the source of one of the biggest fanbases on the planet and weren't ready for it.. i get it
Just get it fixed quick because this game is so great i want to keep playing with out interuptions :'(
Lt. Commander
# 268
02-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesgro
How bout fixing my account by tonight... K thanks. I got the game yesterday still have yet to be able to log on. 'Account error, please contact Billing support'.

Here's my error message for you.
"angry client, please have billing support available on the WEEKEND!!!'
I got this error up until I registered the game. If you haven't done it yet, got to www.startrekonline.com/activate and enter your registration key. Then try logging on again.

Of course now, I can login but keep getting kicked off with 'server not responding'. At least it's a different error message.
Lt. Commander
thank you for actually taking the time to type out a message,
vs stock/canned cut and pastes.

cheers
Lt. Commander
# 270
02-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
not new servers. just divide the farm they have so they DONT run both CO and STO on the same server farm!

having both games on the same server farm might be good financially, but they also put all eggs in one basket.

meaning when one game crash, so does the other.