Lt. Commander
# 331
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Everyone is so freaking funny with their "we want free time" posts. You must not have been around during EQ's time. So let me give you a little idea of what it was like:

EVERY week, was "scheduled" downtime, it was planned to be 4-6 hours. EVERY week. And then, every week, the servers would come up in 6-8 hours, and within 2 hours, CRASH, and be down, for another, 2-4 hours, ans i dont remember EVER getting any sort of "compensation", in fact, it was in their EULA, and im sure STO's "monthly payment does not gaurantee contineous access"
Lt. Commander
# 332
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrowan View Post
I just wish the home page wouldnt say "Server Status: Undergoing Maintenance" when that is not what is happening, what is happening is the server is down because it crashed. It should just say server is down . It should only say undergoing maintenance when that is what it is doing. Crash does not demand a maintenance message.

It is misleading and imho purposely so.
y not put the patch in just as u go to lunch. sit around and watch the puter reboot. go smoke a bowl or pull your pud. just stop flooding us with your sobbing
Lt. Commander
# 333
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElder
But you think this is bad? Build a time machine back to when WoW first launched and then get back to me.
Stop saying that, its BS. I played WoW at launch, it had problems and I agree most MMO's do at launch, but it most certainly DID NOT crash as much as STO does.
Lt. Commander
# 334
02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
What happend to this 'Rush Order' they made for more servers? And why is there always an expected 'Unexpected Downtime' at the same time everyday?
Lt. Commander
# 335 Note to Cryptic
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
HA another crash "err unexpected maintenance"

Bad news: I was a lifetime subscriber

Good news: I paid through PAYPAL and even though the money transferred my STO account hasn't updated at all in the last 7 days despite 2 phone calls to accounts and billing and 3 seperate billing tickets in game. At this point I think I'll be able to get my money back through PAYPAL.

For Cryptic's information, I'd probably be willing to stay for half the money; I'd even let you keep the servers down Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday for all the "unexpected maintenance" your heart desired. Of course I would expect to be able to play whenever I want on the weekend..... you know.... cause I don't have to work and all.

Future tought: I hope when HOLODECK technology comes out, either cryptic isn't allowed to touch it, or they decide ahead of time that it might be popular and devote more than a netbook to process it!!
Lt. Commander
# 336
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about, I've been playing fine the whole time.

*BAM*

Didn't see that coming did you?

Signed,
-fanboy
Lt. Commander
# 337
02-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antilles1 View Post
Stop saying that, its BS. I played WoW at launch, it had problems and I agree most MMO's do at launch, but it most certainly DID NOT crash as much as STO does.
Yes it did. And a few crashes in the past few days? Big freakin deal. It's brand new. Do you not understand this? More people=more stress=more bugs found=more crashes. This bit of downtime is nothing compared to others.

WoW has had major issues the past few months with instances full., crashes, downtimes and lets not get started on patch day. I'll take this hiccup over WoW's BS any day.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuthia View Post
Everyone is so freaking funny with their "we want free time" posts. You must not have been around during EQ's time. So let me give you a little idea of what it was like:

EVERY week, was "scheduled" downtime, it was planned to be 4-6 hours. EVERY week. And then, every week, the servers would come up in 6-8 hours, and within 2 hours, CRASH, and be down, for another, 2-4 hours, ans i dont remember EVER getting any sort of "compensation", in fact, it was in their EULA, and im sure STO's "monthly payment does not gaurantee contineous access"
The problem with your logic is that you knew the product wasn't ready for the full version. However, we purchased a product that was made available to the open market, logic dictates that the developers would have made certain it was indeed ready for use. Having the server go down two days in a row on a weekend doesn't make it seem like the product is ready -- nor is it giving us what we have paid for. I wouldn't accept this kind of spotty service from my cable provider -- and the month where I had terrible service during an "upgrade" to the lines, I was given a free month of service. This is a very normal practice and something Cryptic should be doing. I find this really annoying, the weekend is the only time I have to check the game out and its pretty shot now...
Lt. Commander
# 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by antilles1 View Post
Good post mate , i was there too , and it didnt crash half this much , and the quests worked etc. Some poeple seem to lick ass and think there gonna be the dev's best mate , they must get ripped off rotten down the highstreet , either like this downtime or not you are still entitaled to stand up for something your paying for.
Lt. Commander
# 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilElder
Enough is enough. If you don't like downtimes then don't play MMOs. It happens, it happens alot when theyre new. Just wait til the new Star Wars mmo is out - watch the server crashes roll in on that one.

Relax, enjoy the game and have some respect for folks who are doin the best they can to maintain the system. MMOs are far different than solo console and PC games.

But you think this is bad? Build a time machine back to when WoW first launched and then get back to me.
Yes, it is a problem of all MMO. I remeber WoW's launch problems: Devasting high ping-rates, overcrowded starting areas etc- but at least I have never witnessed repeated server crashes...
Yes again, I know the guys at Cryptic are doing their best, most likely working their butts off (and on a sunday, too!), but the problem remains: It is highly frustrating not being able to play a game I've waited years for!

So everyone working hard at Cryptic: I don't mean to be respectless or dismissive of your work, but get on with your job, because I really really would like to start playing again ...