Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Cryptic!! u really need to setup a server farm vor europe! not now....but someday! it really makes it easyer for all of us!
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
If by solo endeavour, you mean Blizzard, vivendi and AT&T then yea....

You could at least get your facts right first.

But i'll bite. Eve, SWG, Tabula Rasa, CoH, Champions Online, D&D.. shoudl i go on? They all had major infrastructure problems at launch.
You're right. Played City of Heroes from launch up until maybe a week ago.

Major problems with the servers for the first two weeks /after/ release.

Five years later? Still a large playerbase, and a retail expansion just around the corner.

So for all the people saying that these issues will cause Star Trek Online to fail?

Do us all a favor, and go bury your heads in the sand.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm sure with all the lifetime accounts purchased including mine. You guys can afford better equipment to run the game. As I've stated before I expected more from Cryptic. This isn't their first run at opening an MMO and all those MMOs have multiple servers. Hint maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absconder
You're right. Played City of Heroes from launch until maybe a week ago.

Major problems with the servers for the first two weeks /after/ release.

Five years later? Still a large playerbase, and a retail expansion just around the corner.

So for all the people saying that these issues will cause Star Trek Online to fail?

Do us all a favor, and go bury your heads in the sand.
WORD! be positive!
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imandote View Post
I've sunk six hundred dollars into playing this game between my girlfriends account and my own. I'm starting to think that was a bad move. I really did think that between this being put out by Cryptic, which is in my opinion one of the best game developers out there, and the Star Trek franchise, it would be an awesome game. I've been playing, or at least attempting to play since day one of the beta. And I don't think there has been a single day I've been able to play without some huge block of downtime.
And quite frankly, the game's been kind of on the dull side. It just feels very repetative. Maybe that will improve, maybe it won't. Right now, I can't honestly say I could tell one mission apart from any other mission.
I wish I still had that money. I could have had a great big tv on which I could play games that work.
Sinking more than 50 or 60 bucks into a MMO starting out is a mistake. What you did was make an epic fail.
Lt. Commander
# 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairymanback View Post
WORD! be positive!
Word up, dawg. Fo shizzle to the nizzle and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion1969p View Post
Crypic are working hard top rectify the problem, im certain of that and they are trying to fix it all properly before the main retail launch... while you are waiting i have a friend who too has problems logging in : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRnl2vbLDVc check it out

regards all.

HAHAH that has got to be the best thing i ever seen on youtube! That guy should get a Medal!
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinalt View Post
Got to say that this has been the most appalling start up of any MMO I've played.
I realize that many of you may not have experienced it - but WWII Online has the Golden Globe Award for worst MMO startup in history. Bar none. This is cake by comparison.

No MMO startup is ever easy or pain free. If any of you were expecting that - then you either haven't been involved in the MMO community very long, or you have extremely short - or non-existent - memories.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebus06 View Post
I realize that many of you may not have experienced it - but WWII Online has the Golden Globe Award for worst MMO startup in history. Bar none. This is cake by comparison.

No MMO startup is ever easy or pain free. If any of you were expecting that - then you either haven't been involved in the MMO community very long, or you have extremely short - or non-existent - memories.
I like your funky spirit.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
If by solo endeavour, you mean Blizzard, vivendi and AT&T then yea....

You could at least get your facts right first.

But i'll bite. Eve, SWG, Tabula Rasa, CoH, Champions Online, D&D.. shoudl i go on? They all had major infrastructure problems at launch.
Those were exactly some of the one's I was going for. Right on.