Lt. Commander
# 1 Need Help upgrading Video Card
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
ok, i dont know any about computers and stuff and how to update. when i log in, it says my drivers or something is not up todate and need upgrade. heres my info. i read all the other posts and dont know how to go to the website and upgrade my nvidia. im sorry, but can someone plz tell me what to do. heres the info i got when i did that start menu + R.

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip Type: GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

i run on a win vista

Window Vista Home Premium
AMD Turion 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-60
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M
Service Pack 1

any help would be greatly apperciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Go here and set your card type and download/install the new drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
i did that and got this with no link. im trying hard to not be annoying but im clicking around trying to find the update. i wish i knew something bout comps besides how to turn in on

Product Current
Installed Driver Latest Driver
Update
NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M 177.13 The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support site.

The GeForce M series and GeForce Go series notebook GPUs use drivers that have been customized by the notebook manufacturers to support hot key functions, power management functions, lid close and suspend/resume behavior. NVIDIA has worked with some notebook manufacturers to provide notebook-specific driver updates, however, most notebook driver updates must come from the notebook manufacturer. Additionally, the desktop GeForce graphics drivers will not install on Geforce M series and Quadro M series notebook GPU's.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM
You need to track down the latest drivers for your "graphics card" but I'm afraid they're not going to help you. You are well below the specs needed to run this game.

You don't have a graphics card to upgrade. It's built into the motherboard of your laptop. There is no physical space in the chassis to fit a new graphics card.

The only upgrade for you is to buy a new laptop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
this website is dedicated to releasing laptop versions of nvidia drivers http://laptopvideo2go.com/