Lt. Commander
# 1 What happened to Servers?
02-01-2010, 02:53 PM
I was playing all day with no issues, not even the dreaded long zone changes. Then I went to eat lunch and servers are down.

Did it crash? Or are they just doing maintenance, and were they kind enough to give us an ETA like last night?

Any info would be great, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
you can just click the 'Server Status: Undergoing Maintenance' on the main site and it will tell you
Lt. Commander
# 3 Server maintenance !
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Server maintenance ! You people really need to find a Better time to do Server maintenance !
Not in the middle of the day or primetime hours in the evening! IT shows a lack of know what you people are doing! ANY and I mean any MMO'S I have played Server maintenance is always done in the wee hours of the morning! 1:00 am - 3:00 am!! NOT DURING PRIME TIME!!

AND ITS ALWAYS ANNOUNCED AND POSTED AHEAD OF TIME WHEN ITS GOING TO BE DONE!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
they do maintenance when they have a patch rdy to go to fix current issues, can't really control whn things are rdy to be patched, relax
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythir
they do maintenance when they have a patch rdy to go to fix current issues, can't really control whn things are rdy to be patched, relax

The right way to do it is bring the servers down late night, take all the patches that were done for the day and fixed it all in one shot!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I would make an assumption that there are a few patches being put out today in response to the potential large mass of people that will be logging in tomorrow. I'm all for them doing what they need to "pre" launch. I was on several hours today with absolutely no lag or issues. So apparently the weekend got a lot of things figured out.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcadianXero View Post
I was playing all day with no issues, not even the dreaded long zone changes. Then I went to eat lunch and servers are down.

Did it crash? Or are they just doing maintenance, and were they kind enough to give us an ETA like last night?

Any info would be great, thanks.

/facepalm

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=96493
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Saber
The right way to do it is bring the servers down late night, take all the patches that were done for the day and fixed it all in one shot!
Debugging and developing doesnt work that way in an mmo.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Saber
Server maintenance ! You people really need to find a Better time to do Server maintenance !
Not in the middle of the day or primetime hours in the evening! IT shows a lack of know what you people are doing! ANY and I mean any MMO'S I have played Server maintenance is always done in the wee hours of the morning! 1:00 am - 3:00 am!! NOT DURING PRIME TIME!!

AND ITS ALWAYS ANNOUNCED AND POSTED AHEAD OF TIME WHEN ITS GOING TO BE DONE!!!
According to which timezone?

Remember that the disadvantage of a single shard is that for some people it's 10am, for some it's 2pm, for some it's 9pm and for some it's 4am... all at the same moment.

There's no proper time for maintenance in this case.