Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Any mmo had stability issues and other problems for 1st few weeks after launch.
I managed to get Lt cdr 17 in whole open beta (because of servers or game client crashing several time a hour) , but i am already lvl 13 in just 2 days with just 2 crashes which is huge improvement. Give cryptic 2 weeks and server down problems will be rare at that time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
Blinders much?
Either that or youre lying.
I ACTUALLY WAS playing this weekend and today, and there was big downtimes on both days, especially middle of the day saturday.
This is kinda why Im not expecting to get much play time in for the next month or so
Probably neither, actually the poster was probably speaking from his experience. Personally I was able to play all head start with only 1 short downtime interrupting a time I actually was going to play.

Just because you were on all day throughout the weekend doesn't mean everyone else didn't have other stuff to do.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
This is such a big IP that it must be backed up by a solid implementation. Its not like a new IP, it is one of the biggest SciFi franchises in history (only Star Wars comes close), there must be some muscle behind making sure it succeeds. If Cryptic fail then someone with experience in MMO should take over.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seilen
Any mmo had stability issues and other problems for 1st few weeks after launch.
I managed to get Lt cdr 17 in whole open beta (because of servers or game client crashing several time a hour) , but i am already lvl 13 in just 2 days with just 2 crashes which is huge improvement. Give cryptic 2 weeks and server down problems will be rare at that time.
And what excuse are you going to come up with for them in a few weeks when this is still happening?, seriously stop kidding yourselves that this game is the be all and end all of mmos, it isnt, its not ready for launch yet plain and simple.

i would quite happly wait a few more months for a game, so that its atleased playable and stable when i try to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfeather View Post
I don't regret NOT getting it. If this game doesn't get a quick, massive content injection to entertain the millions of true Star Trek fans, they will get bored and leave after <30 days of playing.
well... i'm already bored. head start was enough time... i'm not sure maybe i miss something... all i can do is pretty boring pvp and even worse pve... tons of quests like "kill everything u see" are pretty bad.

i dont see y i should play longer than 2 weeks. i love star trek but i do not like this boring game
hopefully i will find sth. to do in the next weeks otherwise i wasted my money
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I think patience comes into play here. At best, most of us have been playing since the 12th of January. That was only a few weeks ago. Granted the time has been a rollcoaster of emotions. I know I've been frustrated by things that have happened.

However, I am not upset I purchased a lifetime subscription. I know that I'll play this game for years to come. And yes, regardless of what all the nay-sayers yell...this game will be around for years to come. Once the initial development costs have been recuperated, the overhead is rather low to keep an MMO online. The pure volume of subscriptions has probably taken well care of their development costs. I suspect that if over half the user population just disappears off the planet and nevers plays this MMO again, it will still survive for years to come.

So...don't worry, your investment is safe. You haven't "wasted" your money. You're simply judging based on a whole 3 weeks of the game. Let's go to Ten Forward and order a few drinks next year and laugh about all this crap we had to go through during launch!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwynd View Post
Probably neither, actually the poster was probably speaking from his experience. Personally I was able to play all head start with only 1 short downtime interrupting a time I actually was going to play.

Just because you were on all day throughout the weekend doesn't mean everyone else didn't have other stuff to do.
My not having a life doesnt make my argument invalid. Just because he/she or you didnt experience then, doesnt mean they didnt occur, as the poster sounded like he/she was trying to say
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
>game out for a few days
>bugs are getting resolved
>uptime is not 100% garanteed and you are not entitled to anything
>your paying for the service to which they do their best to provide
>try reading some attached documents such as TOS

Blah blah blah list goes on, too lazy to say it all.
If you're think that after such a short amount of time, you have more money than sense.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibec
Maybe I will feel differently have the bugs and constant server crashes, not getting exp for quests and the unplanned maint. Somehow I doubt it but who knows. I was hoping to pick up commander by the time I had to return to work on Saturday. Now I just hope I can pickup LCDR rank 2. Only have a little left to hit Rank 2 but the state of this game
I hope it doesn't bother you that I am very happy being a lifetime subscriber. The game is great - especially for someone with my busy schedule. I can wait a few weeks for them to work out these issues.

Now if I was a emotional or dying of a deadly disease, I could see being unhappy. But fortunately I am not.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
No regrets thus far. Not saying that may change down the road. Are downtimes and crashes annoying? Yes. However, it is still early in the games lifespan and I see no reason to spam the board with multiple threads of temper tantrums. I just move on to something else and wait it out (I do have life outside of STO).