# 11
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Carebear and Open Pvp!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoe View Post
dude, we are crashing here in the U.S. also, having a European cluster wont help.
This.

I don't think it matters where they are located, it 'appears' that the issue is that there aren't enough of them or the ones they have aren't coping too well
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Agree with OP. And to an earlier poster.....of course you americans are also crashing. ITS 1 SERVER for the WHOLE WORLD. Having a US Cluster and and EU Cluster would lighten the workload for each. Ofc ya also would need an Oceana/Asia cluster too. The workload is far too great for 1 server. As Blizz found with wow. I suspect the 1 server isnt for 'fraternity and togetherness etc'. Its more likely to save on costs initially and have an earlier release.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
/signed.

And Maidel comparing sto with a game with far "simpler" mechanics ? eve is a "click-and-play", as such It takes considerably less out of the cluster to run.

And Lets not forget Star trek Online being a star trek product, which Is something a considerable amount of people grew up watching, has the potential to become considerably more populated, Infact I am fairly certain that It allrdy has more players then eve..

The current ping for Eu players, atleast for me and my "neighbours" is horrible... 250-350ish... and in best case scenario with flawless servers we would still be getting 150 at best. which Is acceptable, but not nearly as enjoyable as no noticeable lag.

While having 1 server for CO Is fine, lets face It, Co Is a "minor" game, It never had the potential to become anything more then that, when Its forced to compete with its own siblings.

Setting up a new server In Europe would obviously not be something thats done overnight... But I would hope that cryptic Is willing to atleast consider start working toward a european server cluster, afterall the more enjoyable and smooth the game is the longer we will keep paying for it...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
They cant afford to upgrade the US-server...., what makes you think they would invest in a 2nd server for Europe? :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
NO! I am in a large fleet with memebers all over the world who i am friends with and enjoy playing with them, if there was an EU cluster, it would be boring and i would lose my awesome fleet
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
True. And it just goes to show that they shouldnt even have considered trying to get involved in MMO's
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munx View Post
/signed.

And Maidel comparing sto with a game with far "simpler" mechanics ? eve is a "click-and-play", as such It takes considerably less out of the cluster to run...
Say again??

The servers on both games do the same things. They handle player positions, NPC positions and calculate damage. In terms of server load EVE and STO are bloody similar.

Except EVE is still playable with 200 people in one 'instance' and STO isnt.

And dont say 'go back to EVE then' I chose to leave the game, not for server issues, but because of the game play. I just wish this game could learn from their server stability.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
So Cryptic, any thoughts on this.

Will we have a Euro server?

This maintenance in Euro time is already getting ever
so slightly old.

We pay too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Don't do it. European Trekers are a nice people, and Trek is all about egalitarianism and united in an effort to make the galaxy a better place. We need the more moderate veiw to bring ballance to the Trek collective. Certainly they need unfettered access, but do not cull them from the heard!!!