Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
/signed indeed
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Personally, I would love an EU server, primarily because of the time zones (which are a total b***h for fleet planning / RP events. Since most fleets are comprised of both EU and US members.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
NO.

I want to play this game with YOU. Most of the fun I have in games like this is the interaction with other people and cultures. So sit it out and wait like the rest of us.... not like the server ain't down for my American self too.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Grim
I personally would like to see more servers for each timezone. Cannot compare eve to STO, think most people ever playing eve at one point is a little over 50k people. STO is going to dwarf that considerably. Instancing can only relieve so much pressure.

Hopefully I am wrong and Cryptic can avoid server queuing and server crashes due to load but I expect STO to be the second most popular MMO on the market pretty soon.
Single or multiple shards do not make a difference. Just means Cryptic has more to maintain!

It will be far from the second most succesful MMO. You have so many Far East MMO's out there Start Trek is fairly niche as a product.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart1.html

Be interesting to see where STO ends up but I doubt very much it will pull in more than 300k
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Probably wouldn't do much, it feels like the server mostly goes down when EU and US play times overlap, we'd likely get a weak server also that'd have same problems just limited to our primetime.