Lt. Commander
Let's face it. Whether which side you are on, you have to agree that any arena map such as Cracked Planet, Solar Wind or Briar patch is just a straight on gank fest. Here is the easy /win button tactic, Fed or Klingon, doesnt matter.

Form a premade. Join map. Rush to other side as the PUG is still trickling in 1 or 2 ships at a time. Gank ships as they appear, stay together = PROFIT

Really, its that simple because:

- There is no wait timer before the match begins. It begins once you enter the map whether you are by yourself or with a huge group.

- There is only 15 kills to win the arena. You rush the other side and get 5-6 kills, its VERY hard for the other team to climb back.

- You die, you respawn at a random spot. While this works to prevent camping, it only splits your team up further.

- There is no Fed or Klingon zone chat.. so no way to communicate with PUGs.

If you are a Cryptic Dev, i think you get the point. If not, please feel free to leave your feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
It is Gankfest but then again a well oiled pre-made will outpeform a pug every single time. So there is no point complaining about the gankfest from the lack of timers since it will still be gankfest because of lack of comms.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnawLF
It is Gankfest but then again a well oiled pre-made will outpeform a pug every single time. So there is no point complaining about the gankfest from the lack of timers since it will still be gankfest because of lack of comms.
Actually yes there is a point in bringing this up. As groups that have larger cue by default, klingons will get in bigger groups 90% of the time. Yes PUGs will have a better chance at winning, thats not the issue. What is the issue is that if you have a larger force coming into the map, you win.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I avoid deathmatches, as they are predictable, boring and tedious...the capture and hold maps on the other hand can be pretty balanced and interesting
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I avoid deathmatches, as they are predictable, boring and tedious...the capture and hold maps on the other hand can be pretty balanced and interesting
The capture and hold map is even worse in practice:
- I've won it twice without ANY feds appearing on the map.
- I've won it several times by getting the score down around 400 by the time any feds appeared.
- I just LOST the map when the server went down with a bunch of Klingon "numbskulls" despite getting the Fed score to ~800 with only 2 Feds on the map. [I have no idea why, but Klingons are unable to grasp the simple concepts behind 'capturing points' - anyone talking about 'superior players' need only look at shockingly idiotic play by Klingons 9 times out of 10 on this map]

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I've won most matches since headstart began is the stupid game start mechanics .
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I meant, its balanced when there are full teams from the start :-)