Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Maintenance
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Well, It is a feedback forum so... allow me to feedback the stuff about maintenance.

I understand that STO needs to undergo maintenance. Every online game has to have maintenance once in a while. I also understand it has to happen frequently. I can even relate to the fact that it has to happen daily in the starting periode.

However, what I don't understand is that during primetime (the time we can play STO in Europe) the server is going down for maintenace. Right now I have to stay awake for untill 00.45 (if the announcement was correct). Server maintenance started at about 22.45 hours.

My question: Can't you schedule maintenance a few hours later? This way Folks in every continent can enjoy STO.

Also, I would like to know howmany maintenance breaks you guys are planning? Is there anything known already?

Cheers!
Vestales
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Considering the game was made in the US and Cryptic is based in California, it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective to do maintenance "a couple hours later" than what they are doing now. If they stared the maintenance in a couple hours that means that the servers would be down from 4pm-6pm PST, which is the busy time of day since that is when people are coming home from work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea it is really hard to please everyone really they have to do it when it in necessary. You also have to realize that I do not believe this will be regular thing. They need to address certain issues because of all the bugs. I think once they work all that out in a few months they will prob have the maintenance down to once a week maybe twice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Well, that might be the reason that other online games, do the maintenance between 6 and 11 (GMT +1) n the morning.

In europe, no one will be bothered by this. And I think No-one in the states will either because by than It's Sleepeeeeztime...

This way all borgies will be happy.