Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
That bit of VO is a great touch, as is the time it takes to build up the transwarp opening.

So why isn't the animation the same for all transwarp destinations? Sometimes you get the VO and the animation. Sometimes you get just the animation. And sometimes your ship takes a hike without so much as a thank you.

Is there a reason for the lack of consistency? And is it possible for all transwarp departures to get the full-service animation, voiceover included?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,035
# 2
12-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I wish the transwarp hole would be bigger cause I don't see how my JHDC fits into such a small thing.
--------------

Self proclaimed Emperor of the federation!

Support my new imperial edicts for a better federation!!!
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,481
# 3
12-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I wish the transwarp hole would be bigger cause I don't see how my JHDC fits into such a small thing.
The spacetime inside the ship gets compressed into a subspace bubble.

In other words, technobabble.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 776
# 4
12-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I wish the transwarp hole would be bigger cause I don't see how my JHDC fits into such a small thing.
No ship I've ever transwarped with would fit into the conduit it generates. This is a shame, because the conduit model is obviously scaled to the ship's size, yet manages to be always too small.

As far as I can tell, the missing animation parts depend on where you got the transwarp from. For example, the the ones you get from the rep system (Tau Dewa and Dyson Sphere) make the ship just go "pop" for Feds and have no animation at all for KDF.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 5
12-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
As far as I can tell, the missing animation parts depend on where you got the transwarp from. For example, the the ones you get from the rep system (Tau Dewa and Dyson Sphere) make the ship just go "pop" for Feds and have no animation at all for KDF.
Good observation. Perhaps someone would be good enough to go back and copy-and-paste rep system animations with the full animation and voiceover treatment.

My thought, as a non-programmer, is that it wouldn't take terribly long to bring all those animations up to the same level. And someone had to have gotten paid for that countdown voiceover, so STO should at least get it's money's worth in both areas.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 502
# 6
12-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon3000prime View Post
That bit of VO is a great touch, as is the time it takes to build up the transwarp opening.

So why isn't the animation the same for all transwarp destinations? Sometimes you get the VO and the animation. Sometimes you get just the animation. And sometimes your ship takes a hike without so much as a thank you.

Is there a reason for the lack of consistency? And is it possible for all transwarp departures to get the full-service animation, voiceover included?
I think this is restricted to the Excelsior only transwarp destinations.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 820
# 7
12-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanothername View Post
I think this is restricted to the Excelsior only transwarp destinations.
Not only excelsior.
I observe the same issue, quite random, with the T'Varo, Obelisk and cellship too.
I haven't bothered notice if it is depending on where i warp to, but it happens often. Afaik, the voiceover is when travelling to the fleet starbase. The instawarp came sometime after S8, afaik. The good thing about the instawarp is that it happens... ...instantly, no long animation, otoh, it really removes... ...immersion. (I hate using that word, but there you go.)
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,725
# 8
12-30-2013, 07:29 AM
It only happens when I transwarp to a fleet starbase.


-Internet Survival Tools, Big Booty Tutorial, Let's Play! (Legion=me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
No. A Destroyer is not an Escort.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 760
# 9
12-30-2013, 09:17 AM
I find that the "insta-transwarp" happens with specific destinations, rather than being random. I never have it happening to me when I TW to the older sector blocks and locations (ESD, Sirius block, etc) but it always happens when using TW to get to the newer destinations like Tau dewa block, the fleet holdings etc.

For me, this happens on every toon regardless of ship being used. To be quite truthful, I find the "insta-transwarp" a godsend in just how it sends you there instantly without the countdown lol
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 AM.