Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebrix View Post
im REALLY going to enjoy killing you all repeaditly online. please play klingon. PLEASE.
Wow, we're all very afraid now
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
The truly sad part of the new game debacle is people attacking those who have legitimate gripes about gameplay. Many posts reflect.. well it was bad in other game launches so this is okay. I offer up that this is not okay. Drop fifty to seventy bucks on a product it should work. If the powers that be didn't allow enough people into thier limited beta to fully test thier servers is not the fault of paying customers. I understand launching a game of such a proportion is no easy task.. it takes millions of dollars and connects people from all over the globe. However, would you buy a car that only worked twenty hours a day? Maybe pay for electricity that only ran six days a week. Ultimately if we continue to pay for half baked products the industry will continue to sell them to us. Downtime during peak hours IS avoidable, just not cost effective.

That being said, I'm happy with the game when its up. I hope it goes far, considering the mmo scene has been vacant of any really interesting projects in quite some time.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piraporoca View Post
ok, crashes do happen, but updates are PROGRAMMED, so i think at least THAT they could advise us.
They already do, when it's scheduled maintenance that is.

Other maintenance required to fix a crash such as what just happened cannot be pre determined.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanvel
Personally I am starting to get a bit offended how you treat the customer base. I can understand bringing the server offline, fix bugs etc, and I am all for it! BUT please let us know when you take the server down, give us some advanced warning (This isn't beta anymore), also patch notes would be nice...we care about the game and would enjoy some information on what is going on.
absolutely 100% agree and said as much in the official emergency maintenance thread.

Just dumping us out and turning them off without ANY in game warning is completely rude and inconsiderate. We are paying customers for goodness sake.

A little bit of consideration is not much to ask.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The velour fog
Warning!!! The STO server will crash in ten minutes , please log off now.

I'm not sure we have that kind of tech yet.
Back in open beta they used that announcement all the time. Watch the taped live footage of the end beta event over on giantbomb and you'll see it right in the chat box when the event is ending.