Lt. Commander
# 1 STO commercial!
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I was watching Enterprise when I saw a commercial about the SyFy bundle. When I got back from school, I saw a commercial about the game. Anyone else see it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
no, but a link would be nice
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes, I just saw the commercial about 10 mins ago. One thing I found very interesting were several shots from the bridge. I realize you can "visit the bridge" right now but will we actually be able to play from there at some point?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Didn't use a camera or anything, so I can't.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazteel View Post
Yes, I just saw the commercial about 10 mins ago. One thing I found very interesting were several shots from the bridge. I realize you can "visit the bridge" right now but will we actually be able to play from there at some point?
Are you serious? They are actually using the redundant bridge view to sell the game? If this is true then it says a lot about Cryptic that they have no faith in what they have as a game and are trying to trick the gamers into thinking this game actually plays like Star Trek. LMAO what a mickey mouse company.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vision
Are you serious? They are actually using the redundant bridge view to sell the game? If this is true then it says a lot about Cryptic that they have no faith in what they have as a game and are trying to trick the gamers into thinking this game actually plays like Star Trek. LMAO what a mickey mouse company.
The bridge view looked like a cutscene. The captain stood up and yelled "Fire phasers" or something to that effect.

I started seeing the commercials last week. Hopefully this will bring a bunch of people in! Oh those poor, poor servers...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Well, I think the shots in the commercial are for dramatic effect. There are also plenty of space and tactical shots too. I'm just hoping the bridge shots are a hint at future play modes to come. When I chose my Lt. Commander ship and was allowed to pick a bridge style that sparked my curiosity. I'm hoping there's more good stuff there...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavilier210 View Post
Ask and you shall receive:
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142701...launch_30.html

SyFy is doing a 2 day Star Trek marathon with STO commercials throughout. It's over for today. From 8am to I think 9pm tomorrow is TNG.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazteel View Post
Well, I think the shots in the commercial are for dramatic effect. There are also plenty of space and tactical shots too. I'm just hoping the bridge shots are a hint at future play modes to come. When I chose my Lt. Commander ship and was allowed to pick a bridge style that sparked my curiosity. I'm hoping there's more good stuff there...
A dev briefly mentioned in an interview that they are looking into the possibility of controlling the ship from the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Why
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Why would you watch that show?