Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowz85 View Post
On the trot- Sly, last minute rush job.

Flanker...........Blindsiding or suprising us

Lets hope the OP is right on the money here...other wise cryptic have seriously Khyboshed the whole thing up
Actually On the trot means day after day after day etc or "In a row"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post
Hi all,

I have a sneaky suspicion that the CB/OB/HS was hosted on a testbed cluster and the retail launch will be switched over to the production cluster, complete with the shiney new (rushed order) servers to improve connectivity, capacity and reliability.

If this is true, it means that the HS people were used as the last guinea pigs to test some live code snippets.

Anyone else have the same/similar ideas?
I really hope so. I guess I'm willing to oversee this kind of downtime so they can have long-term stability even though they've wasted my vaca time

Was really hoping to be on the next tier of ships so we're out of the line of fire of live people.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Flanker = Someone who flanks... ie. Attacks unexpectedly from the side or rear.

Anyhow, I think today's downtime is for a big day zero patch.

Think abut it. The current major patch version is from the 23rd. Only minor stability patches have gone into it since then. That makes it over a week since the last major bug-fix/update patch. Also go-live date is tomorrow so they'll probably want to get in all their major changes up until this point before the sprawling masses arrive.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they launched new servers at the same time. Just so long as you dont screw up, delete my character and make me do levels 1-11 for a FOURTH time, I'll be happy.