Lt. Commander
So last night I went for the first time (skipped it in beta) and ran to the Neutral zone intending to get my quests there out of the way while they were still level appropriate. I got to K7 and talked to Wildman and then talked to the other two officers. Finished one quest and picked up a new one to "Win any War" (at least I believe that that was the wording).

It told me to go to Kerrat and join any fight. So I went to Ker'rat and wound up in an action against the Borg. I was going to say Fed-only but I don't know that... All the ships I saw were Fed and Borg but it is possible that there were Klingons on the other side of the system.

Giving up on that I went to another local system and got into queue for and played a number of space battles (ground battles are *very* laggy on my connection). Didn't win all of them by any stretch, but won a handful of take-and-hold missions.

Am I missing something? Should I be working on a ground war (space is not applicable)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I had a very similar experience fighting the Borg... no end message, no credit for completion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
As i understand it:
its competative PvE
Feds in one instance, klingons in anouther

the 'winner' is the one who wins the map first.

Now im unsure if its broken or if klingons are just doing it quicker than feds every time, will have to make a klingon and fly over there to see
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:57 PM
We got mission completion credit but I didn't look at how much. That did not complete my quest.

Note the slight difference in system names.... Quest says Kerrat. System has an apostrophe... Ker'rat.

My reading of the quest implied we should be fighting over resources, not trying to drive the Borg out so I was very surprised by the encounter at Ker'rat. Seemed much more logical to be fighting a PvP encounter such as the arena or the take-and-hold missions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
The Borg Hunt is a competitive PvE/P mission where you will encounter Borg units as well as PC Klingons (if you are Fed). Ker'rat is not the only system in the neutral zone where these types of missions are found.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
So, I can check the text now. It says "Play in any War Zone" (this is checked off). Next step is "Win any War Zone". This is not checked off in spite of a number of 1200-to-0 wins in the small take-and-hold map. Dunno if those maps were full the whole time. Are there any requirements that folks know about on this step in the quest?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I've heard, as of yesterday, that Borg Hunt was significantly bugged. Someone mentioned there was an unknown time limit you had to win within for it to count as complete ... but nothing official.