Lt. Commander
They always seem to not give out what they promise or do what they say they will:
1. Headstart- Servers down constantly, some players havent even been able to take full advantage
2. Closed Beta- Sold CO subs for closed beta access, then told people who paid a premium that they would have to wait to get in for all the nonpaying folk they let in ahead of paying customers
3. Borg access- sold lifetime subs for Borg Chars access then didnt even have them enabled for headstart, forcing those people to reroll toons to have a Borg- negating any benefit of "headstart"
4. Botched Canon and ST lore- the Fanboys can tell you about this, refer to other posts
5. Reused so much of CO graphics and engine to almost negate their promise of "an original Trek game", I was on an away mission last night and saw an NPC wearing the exact kind of flared boots you see on a CO superhero
6. Said they answer support tickets- I have a ticket open for 2 weeks now that is fairly important to me regarding real money. Yet to be answered or even sent a message that "we are trying to work through tickets to serve you"

Cryptic has shown its true colors in multiple ways. It has revealed to the world that it makes promises it doesnt keep, recycles its old work and blatant grabs for the cash while providing a lack of quality. How this company will survive after this remains to be seen but the best way you can protest is to cancel your preorders now and wait 6 months to see if they improve. As customers we cant afford the keep getting abused by this company and treated simply like another $50 to go into their pockets
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
And it is sad...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Looking at your post history, it is obvious you are sparing no effort to undermine this game and/or Cyrptic in general.

I am honestly curious as to why you have this vendetta?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Looking at your post history, it is obvious you are sparing no effort to undermine this game and/or Cyrptic in general.

when money is spent and crap is delivered it tends to upset people
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
They always seem to not give out what they promise or do what they say they will:
1. Headstart- Servers down constantly, some players havent even been able to take full advantage
2. Closed Beta- Sold CO subs for closed beta access, then told people who paid a premium that they would have to wait to get in for all the nonpaying folk they let in ahead of paying customers
3. Borg access- sold lifetime subs for Borg Chars access then didnt even have them enabled for headstart, forcing those people to reroll toons to have a Borg- negating any benefit of "headstart"
4. Botched Canon and ST lore- the Fanboys can tell you about this, refer to other posts
5. Reused so much of CO graphics and engine to almost negate their promise of "an original Trek game", I was on an away mission last night and saw an NPC wearing the exact kind of flared boots you see on a CO superhero
6. Said they answer support tickets- I have a ticket open for 2 weeks now that is fairly important to me regarding real money. Yet to be answered or even sent a message that "we are trying to work through tickets to serve you"

Cryptic has shown its true colors in multiple ways. It has revealed to the world that it makes promises it doesnt keep, recycles its old work and blatant grabs for the cash while providing a lack of quality. How this company will survive after this remains to be seen but the best way you can protest is to cancel your preorders now and wait 6 months to see if they improve. As customers we cant afford the keep getting abused by this company and treated simply like another $50 to go into their pockets

They answered my ticket within 2 days, and have been great support. They kept to canon as best as could for a game, I am pleased with this, and I am a huge treckkie, heck I can tell you the meaning of Spock's necklace that he very rarely puts on. Had my borg on Day one, only not been able to log in to headstart once due to maint., and I think the quality is great, its the only MMO that has ever held my attn., I am not flaming you, just making sure both points are heard.

BTW its the symbol of pure logic
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
when money is spent and crap is delivered it tends to upset people
It is perfectly reasonable to be upset when you purchase a product, and it does not live up to what you expected it to be.

However, I get the feeling that there is more to it than just your current experiences with STO. Is there some past history between you and Cryptic? This is my first experience with them, so perhaps I'm coming in with too clean a slate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Core i7 920 @2.67 ghz
6gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz 9, 9, 9 ,24
300gb WD HDD
EVGA x58 SLI Mobo
Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer sound card
Corsair 750w PSU
EVGA GeForce 275GTX w/1gb RAM
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech MX Revolution mouse
Logitech Z-5550 5.1 Speakers
Hanns-G 28" monitor @ 1920x1200 60hz
LG 12x Lightscribe DVD-RW
Sony x4 Blu-Ray Drive
I never get why people put this in their signatures. I'm half tempted to do this with my 95% completely vanilla three year old Dell XPS that plays every game I've ever bought perfectly fine, and that I only replaced the video card on because it's fan got loud.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
I never get why people put this in their signatures. I'm half tempted to do this with my 95% completely vanilla three year old Dell XPS that plays every game I've ever bought perfectly fine, and that I only replaced the video card on because it's fan got loud.
Sure you can play the games, but 25fps @640x480 isnt exactly stellar. With such a large monitor you need some speed to drive it at top settings. My speaker system rivals a home theatre setup and for me it works.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
They answered my ticket within 2 days, and have been great support. They kept to canon as best as could for a game, I am pleased with this, and I am a huge treckkie, heck I can tell you the meaning of Spock's necklace that he very rarely puts on. Had my borg on Day one, only not been able to log in to headstart once due to maint., and I think the quality is great, its the only MMO that has ever held my attn., I am not flaming you, just making sure both points are heard.

BTW its the symbol of pure logic
You mean the Kolinahr Necklace, which also part of the ritual to purge one's self of all emotion?

Yeah...I'm a Trek geek (refuse to be a trekker or trekkie after how they treat some people around here).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Because the fanbois answering his posts are funny as hell ?