"Darmok and Jalad... they left together."

"Darmok, and Jalad... at Tanagra!"
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDahRed View Post
Now THAT was funny.

About the original quote, I didn't watch DS9 much, so why is that quote particularly memorable? I
think I have an idea, but would enjoy reading an explanation.

Nice quote. We're dominating with ST: Generation quotes.

a.

Data: "OH SHHHHHHHIT!"
-Generations
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 04:31 PM
My two favorite quotes come from the same episode of TNG: Parallels.

"Captain, we're receiving 285,000 hails." -Wesley (counterpart)

"At this rate, the sector will be completely filled with Enterprises within three days." -Data (counterpart)
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
"You became sexually aroused in my body!" - Seven of Nine, "Body and Soul"
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Star trek VI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2arELA8e2c @1:35 time marker
The ship is rattling and shaking as Sulu is pushs the Excelsior warp 6 engines to rescue the Enterprise.

Captain Hikaru Sulu: In range?
Helmsman Lojur: Not yet sir.
Captain Hikaru Sulu: Come on, come on.
Helmsman Lojur: She'll fly apart!
Captain Hikaru Sulu: *Fly her apart then!*
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Fly her apart then...

Best
ever.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM
The one from my sigg - "There's an old saying: Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about to find out." (Cpt. Sisko - DS9)

Garak's quotes:

''I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.''

''There comes a time when the odds are against you, and the only reasonable course of action is to quit!''

''The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.''

''I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.''

Picard's quotes:

''Duty. A starship captain's life is filled with solemn duty. I have commanded men in battle. I have negotiated peace treaties between implacable enemies. I have represented the Federation in first contact with twenty-seven alien species. But none of this compares with my solemn duty today... as best man. Now, I know, on an occasion such as this, it is expected that I be gracious and fulsome in my praise on the wonders of this blessed union, but have the two of you considered what you were doing to me? Of course you're happy, but what about *my* needs? This is all a damned inconvenience. While you're happily settling in on the Titan, I will be training my new first officer. You all know him. He's a tyrannical martinet who will never, *ever*, allow me to go on away missions.''

''So, five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit.''

''I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done.''

''There... are... *four*... lights!''

''Mister Worf, dispatch a subspace message to Admiral Hansen - We have engaged the Borg.''

''I am Locutus - of Borg. Resistance - is futile. Your life, as it has been - is over. From this time forward, you will service - us.''

Damar's quotes:

''And so two years ago, our government signed a treaty with the Dominion. In it the Dominion promised to extend Cardassia's influence throughout the Alpha Quadrant. In exchange, we pledged ourselves to join the war against the Federation and its allies. Cardassians have never been afraid of war, a fact we've proven time and again over these past two years. Seven million of our brave soldiers have given their lives to fulfill our part of the agreement, and what has the Dominion done in return? Nothing. We've gained no new territories. In fact, our influence throughout the quadrant has diminished. And to make matters worse, we are no longer masters in our own home. Travel anywhere in Cardassia and what do you find? Jem'Hadar, Vorta, and now Breen. Instead of the invaders, we have become the invaded. Our allies have conquered us without firing a single shot. Well, no longer. This morning, detachments of the Cardassian First, Third and Ninth Orders attacked the Dominion outpost on Rondac III. This assault marks the first step toward the liberation of our homeland, from the true oppressors of the Alpha Quadrant. I call upon Cardassians everywhere. Resist. Resist today. Resist tomorrow. Resist till the last Dominion soldier has been driven from our soil!''

''I'd like to toss that smug little Vorta out the nearest airlock. And his Founder with him.''

''I wouldn't trust a Cardassian that didn't enjoy a glass of kanar every once in a while.''

And many more...
Lt. Commander
There was a scene in the ortiginal star treks where there is a first contact situation and while the away team in riding from the bridge to the transporter room; Scotty says something; I dont remember the quote exactly; the dialogue is that they are talking about first encounter meetings and laughing about them; then Scotty says; "aye, but there was the <dont remember the race>; and you remember what happened there"

kirk looks pained; McCoy grimaces; Spock raises an eyebrow and Chekov shudders and grimaces and they all nod; then the laughing totally is stopped and they ride on in silence trapped in the memory of it; Star Trek never mentions it in any other episode; been driving me crazy for decades; was hoping Enterprize would do a show on it; but they went the way of the lame ducks and the stupid time sequence avenue of poorly writtne shows.

That quote was totally memorable; I so wanted them to do an episode of it; Anyone remember the details more clearly or the episode?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Ohh man. Definately this one from City on the Edge of Forever.

Kirk: "My friend is obviously Chinese. I see you've noticed the ears. They're actually easy to explain."
Spock: "Perhaps the unfortunate accident I had as a child."
Kirk: "The unfortunate accident he had as a child. He caught his head in a mechanical... rice picker. But fortunately, there was an American missionary living close by who was actually a, uh... skilled plastic surgeon in civilian life."
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
"Shut up Wesley"