Lt. Commander
# 1 My suspicion - Server Switch?
02-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

I have a sneaky suspicion that the CB/OB/HS was hosted on a testbed cluster and the retail launch will be switched over to the production cluster, complete with the shiney new (rushed order) servers to improve connectivity, capacity and reliability.

If this is true, it means that the HS people were used as the last guinea pigs to test some live code snippets.

Anyone else have the same/similar ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
For our sakes, I hope you are right.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
MAKE IT SO

Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplusm View Post
For our sakes, I hope you are right.
Four days on the trot for me and no server availability during GMT/EU prime time. I hope they will pull a flanker tomorrow and surprise us all
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinthar View Post
Four days on the trot for me and no server availability during GMT/EU prime time. I hope they will pull a flanker tomorrow and surprise us all
Dude, there's so much British slang in that post...I had to re-read it for an American translation! haha

On the trot? Flanker?

Sounds like some type of kinky sex. hahah
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Hi all,

I have a sneaky suspicion that the CB/OB/HS was hosted on a testbed cluster and the retail launch will be switched over to the production cluster, complete with the shiney new (rushed order) servers to improve connectivity, capacity and reliability.

If this is true, it means that the HS people were used as the last guinea pigs to test some live code snippets.

God I hope so.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
What an outstanding insight, guy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
On the trot- Sly, last minute rush job.

Flanker...........Blindsiding or suprising us

Lets hope the OP is right on the money here...other wise cryptic have seriously Khyboshed the whole thing up
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Hi all,

I thought this as well as soon as they announced that they were going to be launching a testing shard. I believe we have all been running on the testing shard and the launch shard will be ready to go tomorrow. (we hope)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm sure they would be proudly bragging about their shiny new servers to handle launch day loads, instead of another server down announcement.