Lt. Commander
# 1 How to earn Energy credits?
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I have some questions,

1, Is there any good direct way to earn the Energy Credits without having to sell stuff?
I can not get enough Energy Credits, and the question is how to afford to buy a cruiser for 20k ...

2, Will I be assigned a better ship once I will be promoted? Or must I buy it myself?

3, the missions that require you buy medical supplies or shield generators for 1000 energy credits, are they even worth it? Or is there some other way to get this?

4, Which mission should I focus on the beginning of one's career?

Cheers!
/Fred
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster82 View Post
I have some questions,

1, Is there any good direct way to earn the Energy Credits without having to sell stuff?
I can not get enough Energy Credits, and the question is how to afford to buy a cruiser for 20k ...

2, Will I be assigned a better ship once I will be promoted? Or must I buy it myself?

3, the missions that require you buy medical supplies or shield generators for 1000 energy credits, are they even worth it? Or is there some other way to get this?

4, Which mission should I focus on the beginning of one's career?

Cheers!
/Fred
1) I have used the replicator in my ship to sell stuff. I am lt. Cmdr 5 and have 50K credits. You dont have to buy a ship unless you want more than one of a tier.

2) When you are promoted you are given a free ship of your choice. Only have to buy a ship if you want more than one in that tier, say like a cruiser and a science.

3) I have heard they are not worth it. I have not confirmed it.

4) I take every mission they offer at least once.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
1) As far as I know, the main method of getting energy credits is selling stuff. Either into your replicator, to a vendor at Stardock, or to other players through the exchange. I've always had plenty of energy credits just by selling the loot that comes my way.

2) Each promotion you get one free ship. If you want to try out more ships, you'll have to purchase them.

3) If I already have the comodities from loot, I'll turn them in. Otherwise, I've just been leaving them on my mission list to come back to later. Not sure if it's really worth it or not.

4) Focus on the stuff you enjoy doing. There's no wrong way to go about it.