Lt. Commander
So, I'm running a Science Captain on a Science ship and planning on playing as a controller. I'm running a pair jammer/scramblers. Given the limited number of officer slots that seem to be available (not to mention the training points) does this mean that I should just never bother with PvP?

Perhaps I can make a counter request....

Let's just disable Torpedo: Spread and Engineering Team. I mean, never mind that they are effective and viable builds for starting captains. It detracts from my ability to enjoy playing when they're used against me.

</sarcasm>

Seriously... WoW found a way to make control powers functional in PvP. Should I be concerned that my ability to knock out ship systems will be removed next because it also removes your powers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:53 PM
i'm not quite sure what you're asking, but i can tell you that jam sensors is great to have in pvp, especially for feds. to klingons it looks like you've cloaked, but are still firing. my klingon is a science officer and i use my science officer's ensign and lt skills and don't use either my tact or engy BO's skills. however with klingons it sucks because our shields and hulls don't really take damage. but with a fed science ship you got more staying power. 'cause your shields are better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Seriously... What's your question? The only one I see is rhetoric.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Granted PvP was wonky last night (could never complete my quest to win on a battlefield in spite of winning multiple rounds of the small take-and-hold), but when I am running against NPCs I get a visible effect and the enemy stops shooting at me. In PvP last night it had zero effect on enemy BoP in one-on-one conflict. What you are implying is that I should be bugging that instead of assuming that it is working as intended?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Just for clarification, were you using the placate or the confuse in your 1:1 fight? Confuse doesn't seem to work versus single opponents, npc or otherwise. It forces them to pick another target, but if you're the only target, they'll still pick you. Alternately I'm not sure, but does Science team remove the placate/confuse debuff?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonFalcon View Post
Granted PvP was wonky last night (could never complete my quest to win on a battlefield in spite of winning multiple rounds of the small take-and-hold), but when I am running against NPCs I get a visible effect and the enemy stops shooting at me. In PvP last night it had zero effect on enemy BoP in one-on-one conflict. What you are implying is that I should be bugging that instead of assuming that it is working as intended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Just for clarification, were you using the placate or the confuse in your 1:1 fight? Confuse doesn't seem to work versus single opponents, npc or otherwise. It forces them to pick another target, but if you're the only target, they'll still pick you. Alternately I'm not sure, but does Science team remove the placate/confuse debuff?
all i know is that in several pvp including fvk and kvk, placate works.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I was using the placate. This was Lieutenant-level and so my BOffs only know Jam right now (single target placate). I wondered about something clearing it (possible since the guys I could go one-on-one with were skilled enough that they may have tuned a bit). Seemed unlikely to me though since I was able to clearly identify it on three different opponents over the course of the evening.