Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
he is talking about using two sniper rifles one in each slot so that you fire your exploite on one then switch weapons to your second sniper and fire the exploite on that one.
I get that, just trying to get clarification... because a "fix" to a particular problem might completely nerf tactics that use similar mechanics, with wholly different effect.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdarga View Post
It's unintended that players would be able to fire two sniper shots back to back. We're considering a couple different fixes.
Please be very careful when you do this.

I really enjoy being able to use an Expose weapon then an Exploit weapon back to back; or sometimes an Exploit then another Exploit in order to vaporize something my officers have Exposed. I realize PVP needs to be balanced; but please try to find some solution that doesn't impact PVE. I don't hate PVP or anything - but I'd really rather not have a useful tactic taken from PVE where it's not at all overpowering because it is overpowering in PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel

I really enjoy being able to use an Expose weapon then an Exploit weapon back to back; or sometimes an Exploit then another Exploit in order to vaporize something my officers have Exposed. I realize PVP needs to be balanced; but please try to find some solution that doesn't impact PVE. I don't hate PVP or anything - but I'd really rather not have a useful tactic taken from PVE where it's not at all overpowering because it is overpowering in PVP.
I don't PvP at all either, but I do think it shouldn't be possible to solo do the mambo jambo 1-2 right left super combo. That's what the teammates (BOs) are for, let them expose and you exploit, or viceversa. I think being able to immediately switch and do the exploit is cheesy and can reduce even the best bosses to nothing. And realistically speaking, it should take time to drop a weapon, get a new one, point and shoot.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
That's why I'm asking for clarification honestly... in Fleet Actions I would be dismayed to see the Expose/Exploit 1-2 go away... in general PvE I stopped using it before beta ended because the challenge needed a buff. In PvP it's a useful situation, but I wouldn't care if it disappeared.

Just want to know what the logic is specifically... because while the two scenarios have the same mechanics, they are not the same at all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
If expose/exploit was intended to foster teamwork, then its reasonable to assume that being able to fire an expose followed immediately by an exploit yourself is a form of, well, exploiting. Not of the nefarious kind, but definitely something that needs fixed. Primary/secondary weapon special attacks need to share the same cool down, is what I imagine they are thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
If expose/exploit was intended to foster teamwork, then its reasonable to assume that being able to fire an expose followed immediately by an exploit yourself is a form of, well, exploiting. Not of the nefarious kind, but definitely something that needs fixed. Primary/secondary weapon special attacks need to share the same cool down, is what I imagine they are thinking.
But nothing about this game seems to intend to foster teamwork honestly. In fact, teaming up is so frustrating so often (and so limited w/ 5 player teams) that it's a bit of a running joke in some fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
But nothing about this game seems to intend to foster teamwork honestly. In fact, teaming up is so frustrating so often (and so limited w/ 5 player teams) that it's a bit of a running joke in some fleets.
Well, I was also including your AI away team in that, as in the intended design may be to spread a mix of expose weapons amongst them, with the player taking advantage with an exploit weapon, or some mix like that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Well, I was also including your AI away team in that, as in the intended design may be to spread a mix of expose weapons amongst them, with the player taking advantage with an exploit weapon, or some mix like that.
In situations like Fleet Actions... no AI is backing you up. Just a bunch of random players trying to max dps. It's alright when you catch a good team, or can get friends to find the same instance... but otherwise. Pew Pew.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdarga View Post
It's unintended that players would be able to fire two sniper shots back to back. We're considering a couple different fixes.
Well If you intend to fix that, you also have to rebalance the hp and shields again, not to mention engineers ability to stay alive... even now with them back to back, Its near impossible to kill a engineer even with 3 people blasting away.