Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdarga View Post
It's unintended that players would be able to fire two sniper shots back to back. We're considering a couple different fixes.
You realize that people use this in PvE too, right? So if you do this, you should also increase the primary shot, where there is no lengthy pause.

While you are at it, you need to look into the AoE 1-shot kills , the AoE stun / expose, and the perma stuns.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
It's unintended that players would be able to fire two sniper shots back to back. We're considering a couple different fixes.
so being able to switch between weapons to launch 2 devastating attacks is a bug or an exploit? Figured as I told everyone...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
BTW guys. this was from a developer. Meaning they are working on it.

1) Dont attack their response.
2) They said its unintended.
3) They are working on fixing it.

My 2 cents:

There doesn't need to be a cool down on switching the weapons. Maybe a global cool down on the second firing ability of your weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 02:49 AM
the could just make it so you can have 1 rifle and 1 pistol/batl equiped at a time thus only allwoign you to switch between those combos rapidly.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
If a cooldown is added then change the scoring system as well. At the present somebody running around with just the expose weapon is absolutly pointless.

And if you change the 2 exploit attacks then you have to seriusly nerf engineers as well. Their shields are just godly.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 03:36 AM
I thought the whole point of having expose and exploit weapons was to switch between them.
btw, if you can't switch anymore instead of expose weapon it'll be expose skill = same whining of those who get owned in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistformsquirrel
Please be very careful when you do this.

I really enjoy being able to use an Expose weapon then an Exploit weapon back to back; or sometimes an Exploit then another Exploit in order to vaporize something my officers have Exposed. I realize PVP needs to be balanced; but please try to find some solution that doesn't impact PVE. I don't hate PVP or anything - but I'd really rather not have a useful tactic taken from PVE where it's not at all overpowering because it is overpowering in PVP.
100% agree with this post.

I've played way too many games that have seen PvE slapped with the nerf bat just because of a couple of PvPers using a cookie cutter build.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
I thought the whole point of having expose and exploit weapons was to switch between them.
btw, if you can't switch anymore instead of expose weapon it'll be expose skill = same whining of those who get owned in pvp.
it is not he switch between espose and exploit the devs are lookign it is the switch between exploite and exploite with one weapon in particular. The sniper rifle. Now to prevent it being used in a way not intended they might have to adjust how all the weapons are used.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmas View Post
If a cooldown is added then change the scoring system as well. At the present somebody running around with just the expose weapon is absolutly pointless.

And if you change the 2 exploit attacks then you have to seriusly nerf engineers as well. Their shields are just godly.
actually, i run aroudn with two expose weapons and switch between them. I let the others in my group exploite the guys I have exposed. Does it reduce my DPS yup does it increase the groups ability to kill our enimies faster yes it does.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
actually, i run aroudn with two expose weapons and switch between them. I let the others in my group exploite the guys I have exposed. Does it reduce my DPS yup does it increase the groups ability to kill our enimies faster yes it does.
yep and with the current score system you would get minimum prize for your effort.