Lt. Commander
# 1 The Briar PAtch
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I am not sure how people feel about The Briar Patch, but it needs to be fixed. Granted Open Beta sucked since it is a L8 or 9 mission. Tier 1 ship FTL and tier 2 was not much better. My Nova Class science vessel was blown up by one explosion. Cruisers could handle 1 and a warp core breach from ship and still live. (at full hull)

Granted being blown up by a cloud the mysteriously spawned on top of you or near you (4km). I had many a rage fits from getting creamed, but getting through it and NEVER having to do it again was always a joy.

Since late open beta it now takes 40 shots to blow them up and they do like 1/2 the damage. DUMB. find a happy medium. 3 or 4 shots and keep the original damage. 1 shot and have it do less then original damage (or have shields help absorb damage.

It is now far too easy (as well as a lot of stuff in the game). Maybe i am old school, but i like to work for things and not have stuff handed on a silver platter to me. why play if thats the case.

I know this isnt something most people want to hear, but make the leveling slower. Its not that fun when you you are an LC3 and still finishing up L6-9 missions. Make the missions more rank appropriate. anywho thats my 2 cents.

peace
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
edit

nevermind. Was hard to tell what you were complaining about.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
its completely boring now... just slow and tedious. no danger. no challenge. much better before
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
It was one of the best missions in the early part of the game imho.

Keep about 6km+ away from any metreon gas cloud and you have nothing to worry about.

Stick to the right hand edge and head for the doughnut shaped rock. The only time you need to deviate from this path is for the last 3 turrets BEFORe the doughnut shaped rock.

USE the gas clouds to your advantage, ignite them to destroy the klingon ships (be careful though gas clouds respawn so dont move into an area one was at or you will get blown up).

It is an awesome mission that requires some actual thought and planning, not just wading un full impulse all guns blazing and hoping for the best

SO i totally agree that they totally nerfed this mission by reducing metreon gas cloud damage and making them take a lot more fire to ignite. it really doesnt need breaking anymore, thanks kindly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I kinda miss the beta Patch. It was SERIOUSLY annoying, and utterly perfect as a challenge. I had my Constitution refit take a metreon gascloud on the chin and survive, JUST barely, at like 3.99km or something. It was a map that required you to slow WAY the heck down and think your way through.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
its completely boring now... just slow and tedious. no danger. no challenge. much better before
i totally agree! maybe i should have stayed on topic tho