Lt. Commander
Is it just me or is anyone else getting multiple messages in their inbox for buying credits? Geesh... pre-launch and already they are trying to work the system.

The usernames that the messages came from are: (for reporting sake)
ertert
Margar
Melissar

P.S. The domain they are trying to scam you from is Removed

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
I had no idea there was gold in STO. Those whacky sterotypes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes it has begun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
The biggest mistake in your post is that you linked to the goldspam site. Never. Ever. Do that. Its as bad as selling gold yourself because youre giving them free advertising.

And yes, I get at least two mails from the spammers a day... I usually wait til I am in-game before I delete, that way I can mark them as spam.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
and no contingency plan for credit farmers. gg.

I can't even report these messages, I've got 16 so for.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
The biggest mistake in your post is that you linked to the goldspam site. Never. Ever. Do that. Its as bad as selling gold yourself because youre giving them free advertising.
And every one of those sites are keyloggers so they can steal your account after selling you the in game currency.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
yup, very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Ya I wonder how much a billion gold goes for in STO...... and if they mean latinum or credits or whatever, how in the world could they be producing anything for sale on day 3. Do they have their million monkeys in a sweatshop at full capacity already? if this game was pvp-only then we could just destroy the farmers and cripple their business. Hopefully the devs put in reporting features and actually act on those results.. EVE has a feature thats like that but it does no good, u report a player and that player will have destroyed their character and created a new one every 30 seconds anyway.. so reporting a player has to contain account information on the database end, so then "gold selling" accounts can be detected very easily... By abusing it, someone might have one or a few reports as a seller (where people abuse the system to try to get someone they dont like banned) but the real sellers would have hundreds or thousands or reports against them... Then they can ban all accounts tied to one credit card, or every account that has ever logged into the system from their IP address (kick the whole farm out). They could even be pro-active about it by detecting repetitive chat messages and those people have their account flagged. What it boils down to is that there are several options available and we have to speak up to voice our discontent, and if they still don't do anything about it then they too are somehow benefiting from it, and perhaps even giving them the credits to sell like a kick-back. Cryptic should pay attention to this, since farming and buying game money online ruins the game for everybody else.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:20 PM
The thing about it is it's not through in game means! The royals pains in the Patoot are bombarding or private message in boxes directly through startrekonline.com. not to mention the fact that most of these people even the ones in game will eventually be hacking players accounts and selling off players in game items to other people for real cash! it's being done in world or ******** and other online pay to play games so what makes people think that it won't happen here? unless cryptic actually takes a strong stand or places in some sort of security measures that will prevent gold sellers for real money transactions from happening this is gonna be yet another mmo that gets taken over by every rip-off and scam artist that exists on the net.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 03:30 PM
i wonder when people will understand that linking "spam links" is not much better as the spam itself.

actually you COULD even get banned for it. just a warning, not my acc :>