Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I got spammed by them as well today. I think its sad that people actually use services like this. Why? What fun is the game if you don't achieve things on your own? If people didn't buy things from them or use them, they wouldn't have a business.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Here is a list of the one's who have spammed me. I think IP banning is needed.

edtwe , feryhrt , tgrthgfj , Melissar , gfdrytrfg , dfhgndfrg , bdfgrtsdfd , mnrgrtgsefw , carrhtyi , MIRIgdfg , Mariegdrg , carrillo , weigert , Margar
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
basically in the end what spam and things like this lead to is identity theft account hacking and plain misery for all of us who play online mmorpgs. it's happened to me and i don't even use or approve of using services like buying in game gold or items for real money. it's crass to think that there are players out there who approve or even feel comfortable with giving out there account information to someone they don't even know just to be able to buy in game currency or be power leveled ect. because in the end as i've stated it leads to a persons account getting hacked and that person being ripped off or worse. at any rate i'll stop my ranting now.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordaki987 View Post
The thing about it is it's not through in game means! The royals pains in the Patoot are bombarding or private message in boxes directly through startrekonline.com.
This happens because the ingame mail and your forum box are linked and incidentally shared with CO as well. Checked out the mailbox in closed beta and was surprised to find I had sold something in the AH in champions. If you wait till you get ingame you can actually report them that way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM
I've only received 3 messages so far. Fortunately, I won't be using mail a whole lot since a very small handful of friends I know will be playing, so it will be negligible. But still, a pain in the @$$!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Cryptic should probably take point on this. I've recieved two so far. I pray it doesn't start cropping up in-game like SWG.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm just waiting for them to figure out how to spell their website name on the floor of the Sol Starbase with dead gnomes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
The biggest mistake in your post is that you linked to the goldspam site. Never. Ever. Do that. Its as bad as selling gold yourself because youre giving them free advertising.
Oh please.... That's like saying if we dont talk about it then it doesn't happen. That's the forum equivalent of the military "Don't ask, Don't Tell" philosophy.

If anyone is idiotic enough to follow the links and fill it out then trust me, my post is the least of the worries. And yes, I posted the URL for a reason... the idea being, that since at that time there was no way to report it that PERHAPS this would be a way to allow them (Cryptic) to perhaps add some type of auto-filter on the URL in their message system or to maybe even warn others....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Got spammed during Open Beta. Sent a reply telling them where they could go.

Should have sent multiple replies in quick succession, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 06:44 PM
tgerty <-- just spammed me