Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I think you guys mean "gypsied" ... jipped doesnt mean anything, whereas "gyped" implies that someone or some party stole from you like a pack of thieving gypsies.

... stupid gypsies. L2 get your own country, ffs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umdiddly View Post
I think you guys mean "gypsied" ... jipped doesnt mean anything, whereas "gyped" implies that someone or some party stole from you like a pack of thieving gypsies.

... stupid gypsies. L2 get your own country, ffs.
well well well mr. smarty pants! Jipped is the slang version of gypped and that is what I intended but thanks for pointing it out
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmcD
It seems like every time I actually manage to find time to play the servers are down for a "short time" while they do some maintenance. Some maintenance/patch that we never know a single thing about. For those of you with kids you know that 2 hours of free time is like an eternity.

So I feel a bit jipped by headstart. Oh, and you can spare me your comments on "this is how MMO's work". It isn't. For the few headstarts that have existed (of which I have been in all), this is the first one where the servers are down more than up.

I am praying that this isn't foreshadowing what's to come. I love the game, when I can play it, but all these "unexpected downtimes" are out of control. It's really starting to bum us ST Fanbois out so I can imagine the effect it will have on new players tomorrow.

Anyone else feeling a little jipped? Someone in a different thread wondered if they would do anything special for all of us that have been so patient during all these downtimes...seems fitting especially for us lifers that put our money and trust where our mouths are.
I'm a bit annoyed that they sort of just carried the beta into the exclusive play time as well... But it's over...and I just hope they got something worked out...

I am increasingly concerned about the lack of communication and / or just plain old information about what's really up... All they seem to tout is the stuff that I'm pretty sure they are going to sell us down-the-road, and I've not heard a substantial peep on the legitimate feedback they have been getting that large amounts of the community, across attitudes, agree on...

I love the game, I am a fan of the game... five people are playing the game because of me, because I think it's good, and am looking forward to it's longevity...

Overall I am hoping that all the irritating fundamental issues weren't for naught... If they pull it together, start being more open about issues and fixes, and outages, and plans, they will find many of us who love the game but are a but are concerned that it's a sucker play will be placated nicely...
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 09:24 AM
There may be nothing like this game to compare it to, its unique.

The lack of a death penalty will kill it long before the lack of a real skill system that makes sense does.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rthen
There may be nothing like this game to compare it to, its unique.

The lack of a death penalty will kill it long before the lack of a real skill system that makes sense does.
Well...not sure if the lack of death penalty will kill the game but it definately fosters "jack-@ss" kind of behavior.

The whole reason I bought the lifetime sub is because the ST universe is so vast that the content could truly be limitless. I imagine this game evolving to have space combat as detailed as EVE and ground combat as massive and evolved as WoW. I am excited to see where this game goes and death pentalty is part of that evolution as well.