Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Taking a look
http://www.startrekonline.com/ships-index

Just trying to get some info on these ships, the pros and cons of each vs the others, stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-31-2010, 09:28 PM
So amongst the types of Escorts, they are just graphically different?
Like on that chart
Tactical Escort
Defiant
Vigilant
Gallant

are basically the same ship?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
So amongst the types of Escorts, they are just graphically different?
Like on that chart
Tactical Escort
Defiant
Vigilant
Gallant

are basically the same ship?
Yes. The only difference is appearance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:36 PM
yep look just different, sucks I know. wish more variety between those ships in the classes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Yeah that kind of blows... In a small way I like that per category I can just pick what I think looks the best, but overall I think I'd prefer more options/variety.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryum View Post
Yeah that kind of blows... In a small way I like that per category I can just pick what I think looks the best, but overall I think I'd prefer more options/variety.
but if they made ships distinctively different, then everyone would just fly the ship that has the best stats and you wouldn't see the others.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Well in some MMOs there is a thing called balance. If it is achieved then people would have options and would pick what works for them with the pros and cons to picking one ship over the other.

But yes, if they made one categorically better then the other options the scenario you mention would probably happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
do I get this right that on a T5 escort you get 2 science Officers but have to discard one when you get to T6?

"Sorry, Spock, gotta go. Scotty is taking your place"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnagh View Post
do I get this right that on a T5 escort you get 2 science Officers but have to discard one when you get to T6?

"Sorry, Spock, gotta go. Scotty is taking your place"
No, there are two T5 options for each class of ship. There are no T6 ships.

You'll notice that one escort gets two science and one engineering, and the other gets two engineering and one science. It's a choice, neither one is inherently better.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM.