Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking For an active fleet..
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Just an old country Doctor looking to join a good friendly active fleet..Willing to do what ever is needed to get the job done and have fun. When I'm not galavanting through space in my good ole science vessel i like to relax with a couple of mint julips with some saurian brandy to go with it.

Thanks for your consideration and i'll see you out there!!

Doctor Chaotica,
Skylar Jameson.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:07 PM
With so many fleets to choose from it is a daunting task to select one that meets your needs.

The Last is a community of gamers, mature in attitude and nature, who are mindful, respectful, generous, gregarious and appreciative of their other members. The Last is a place for those that are looking for more of a friendship-based gaming experience; a place where you can come to feel comfortable and game as you wish with friends. We have many serious gamers here as well as more laid-back gamers who will advance in games, with no pressure to do so. It is truly a mature gamer's guild that prides itself on respect, friendship, loyalty, community and fun.

Please visit our website to find out more about us.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Greetings!

I am Letum Omnis, of TCON (The Consortium). You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, and are a"family style" group, without any specific time requirements.

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
  1. We are extremely well organized, with command structure, ranks, and advancement in place.
  2. Clearly identified means of promotion within the fleet that corresponds with the in game ranking structure.
  3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
  4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
  5. Good size fleet, (over 75 on the roster now, and growing).
  6. Global member base (U.S., UK, NZ), so we typically will have someone on at all times.
  7. Seven (7) year history together in various MMO's, and have accomplished much in our previous MMO's
  8. A nice mix of folks who RP. So if you enjoy that, we can offer it as well.
  9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
  10. We have vent, and forums.

I suggest heading over to our primary recruting thread and our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, on our forums, or in game.

My in game name is the same as my signature. (Letum Omnis@flakk)

Links to our webpage and primary recruiting thread are in my signature.
(Contain additional information)

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
It sounds like Fleet 1580 might have what you're looking for. We are a fleet of mature (30+) officers who all have jobs, families, and other responsibilities but play STO for fun. We are a smaller fleet, and that has made for a very friendly gaming experience for all of us. Each of the fleet's officers know the others, and so there's lots of friendly banter and helpful advice on the Vent channel. We highly value teamwork, and our veteran officers help out newer officers to learn the game.

We are located in the Eastern and Central US timezones. Since we all have jobs and wives, and many of us have children, fleet events are never mandatory and there is no minimum weekly time commitment.

We do use some light RP elements, such as fleet ranks and awards, but we are not, properly speaking, an RP fleet.

We would be honored if you would consider joining us. We are actually in need of a couple of science officers, particularly ones that specialize in medicine (I'm taking a stab in the dark here that that might be your trade). Our fleet site is here: http://fleet1580.guildlaunch.com. If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me. I wish you the best of luck in finding a fleet, and we hope to see you in-game!
Lt. Commander
# 5 Mxo
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Chaotica?? wouldn't be the Chaotica from MxO, would you?
Lt. Commander
# 6 Fifth Fleet
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM
If you're looking for a fleet, come check out The Fifth Fleet.
We're looking for all types of players.

The Fifth Fleet is looking for more recruits, we have many places still to fill out in our fleet, especially in the departments of Science & Exploration, and also in our Tactical Operations, Logistics & Security departments.

What we want:

Dedication
Creative thinking
Formality when talking to fellow officers
Honorable conduct
Support your fellow officers - We laugh together and we grieve together
What we give:

Exams to teach you about our procedures, science, military strategies
A circle of friends, the Fifth fleet is more than just a random group of nobodies. We are true friends here.
Dedication from our officers - You are never alone
Always a good laugh
Fleet movie nights, Fleet game nights
Ample rewards for those who deserve such rewards

The Fleet is looking for You!
You think you got what it takes? Enlist Here.

Remember, only the best serve in the Fifth Fleet. If you feel you aren't the best - Don't worry. We'll make you the best that you can be.

# 7
02-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I won't spend alot of time re-positing our recruitment info again, but if you're looking primarily for fun and friendship with a healthy dose of laughs & humor mixed in, check out the Flaming Pie Squadron. Just judging from your initial post, you sound exactly like the type of person we pretty much are, particularly as we have a number of other 'old farts' amongst us, myself included. You can read our recruitment thread here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88456

Regardless of your choice, best of luck to you and see you around the galaxy!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey Doc,
Just stopping by to let you know that the High Guard of the Federation is actively recruiting. I like to think we have fun both in game and on our Fleet Forums. You can check us out at The High Guard for more info. Hope to see you there.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Ah MxO, the good old days..RadioFreeZion and all that jazz, but i digress..thanks for all the fleet responses, ill be checkng them all out..

Doctor_Chaotica
Over and Out